Guideline for updating ReWASD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guideline for updating ReWASD?

Hello, Is there any official Guideline for updating ReWASD?

The story is just the same as many others. I received the in software notice that a newer version is available and naturally just click on it and start the update, and then that's how things start going wrong.
    The update was unsuccessful. ReWASD just keeps prompting "no permission to access the file location" or so on. any change permission level in windows or reinstallation was not helping.
    After lengthy research and trial and error finally, one of the forum users use a method that uninstalls and reinstalls during all antivirus and security software is off, and that becomes the savior of all.
    I would like to ask if any officially updating procedure is available that can save any problem from the future updates, since this problem is my second time, and last time I solved the problem by reinstall the entire system, and that wasn't funny.

Thank you
    Best Regards,

Hi. There are no such guides at the moment because updating reWASD is a very simple procedure. You just have to either confirm the update in the GUI or download the latest build of the application from the website.
    As for your problem with file/folder permissions. There shouldn't be such a problem if you are using with a correctly installed Windows 10 OS 64bit. And accordingly, in such cases, we suggest users to fix the system with the help of special guides, but mostly a clean reinstallation of the system saves you.
    I just want you to understand me correctly. Such cases are not related to malfunction of reWASD, they are more related to our users OS malfunctions. And if something like this happens - we will always be happy to help in any of our communication channels.

Comment

Working...
    X