Shift layer 1 no longer works with keyboard after update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift layer 1 no longer works with keyboard after update

Just updated to 5.7.1 and shift layer1 no longer works with the keyboard.

How to fix?

Click image for larger version

Name:	rewasd update.png
Views:	224
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	226209

Hello
    Please specify does the keyboard working the basic configuration? Did I understand correctly that you have a group of devices with a keyboard and a controller?

Comment

This is group of devices (xbox one controller, keypad) The keypad worked fine in shift0 and shift1 before update. Now it doesn't work in either.

Comment

Hey there!

Please try to make a fresh restart for the reWASD and then initialize and group your devices again. It may be a chance that the device chosen in the group is not a keyboard. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
        2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
        3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
        4. Initialize your devices from scratch and try again. Use Detection mode to be sure that you have found the correct ones.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1000 Clowns
          Thank you. That helped. I think we're on the right track.

How do we disable the pop up in the lower right that announces every shift change?
          You can disable overlay notifications in the settings. To do this, go to Preferences -> Desktop Overlay -> Notifications.
          In your case you need to disable notifications shown on the screenshot.
          Or you can disable notifications completely.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	61305e7aa8.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	226225

Comment

Grouping the devices again fixed the problem. The keypad now works in all layers.

I had trouble with the desktop overlay because the button for it is hidden under my taskbar.

Everything is working now. Really like the ability to cut and paste entire shift layers.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Always glad to help!

Comment

Working...
              X