No announcement yet.

Can only rebind either my keyboard or my mouse, but not both at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can only rebind either my keyboard or my mouse, but not both at the same time

Hello.

I'm new to reWASD. I recently purchased a license for it and have been using it happily with my Xbox controller. That part works fine.

In addition to my controller, reWASD detects one other device. It asks me to initialise it, and I can choose for it to either be a keyboard or a mouse. This hardware device represents both my keyboard and my mouse, but I can apparently only assign it as one or the other, not both.

If I set it up as a keyboard, then I can rebind keyboard buttons and it works just fine. However, if I navigate over to the "Mouse" tab in reWASD and try to rebind a mouse button, it doesn't work. The mouse button still just acts as a normal mouse button.

If I set it up as a mouse, then I can rebind mouse buttons and it works just fine. However, if I navigate over to the "Keyboard" tab in reWASD and try to rebind a keyboard button, it doesn't work. The keyboard button still just acts as a normal keyboard button.

Any advice? Thanks.

To remap multiple devices with one config you have to group them up first.

The tabs you've mentioned are default sub-configs, which should be disabled if no corresponding device is selected as active. Though only when the [Eye] icon is crossed.

Comment

I've looked at the grouping devices option, but the only thing it lets me group with is my Xbox controller. Again, I have one hardware device that represents both my keyboard and mouse. So the grouping devices option shows this one device, and my Xbox controller, and that's it.

Comment

As far as I can tell, I can't solve the problem with grouping devices option, but maybe I'm still missing something. The way it looks to me is reWASD just wants to treat my one hardware device as only a keyboard or only a mouse, when in reality it's both...

Comment

Oh, I see. In case of a combined device (usual case for laptops), you are to initialize it as a mouse and set all keyboard binds at [Additional Mouse buttons] list of [Mouse] sub-config:

Click image for larger version  Name:	remap_mouse_4.png Views:	0 Size:	177.6 KB ID:	226256

Comment

Thanks. That seems to work!

Comment

That's amazing news! Thank you for letting us know.

Should you have any questions - we are here for you.

Comment

Working...
              X