Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger Zone and Gyro questions

Hi all,

I use the steam controller config editor alot, and got tired of not being able to do this with my non steam games (looking at you gamepass). Im trying out ReWASD, and Im quite impressed and managed to do 95% of what I want to. 2 areas I am stuck:

Trigger Zones
    I like to setup aim down sights and fire all on the right trigger, where a soft pull aims down sight and then a full pull to make the trigger ''click'' makes the gun fire. But in ReWASD, I can edit the trigger deadzones, but I want to have a very large low and med zone and a tiny high zone. But with the trigger zone editor it seems I can either have a large zone for all (full bar in the zone editor) or I can reduce the dead zone to shrink the high zone firing, but then the low and med zones are shrunk as well. I can edit these zones independently?
    Also in Steam there is a hip fire mode for triggers, where a soft pull activates the aim down sights, and a following hard pull fires the gun, or if you go quickly to a full pull, you will do hip fire. Can you do this with ReWASD?

Gyro Aim
    I like using the gyro for aiming along with using the right stick (or right pad on a steam controller) but when I use these in unison the outputs seem to default to one or the other. Its diffcult to explain but as an example if I am swiping right on the pad to look right, and I maintain that swipe to continuously look right, then I pull up on the gyro to aim up a little bit, the right swipe on the pad will be nullified and I will stop looking right. I hope that makes sense. Basically I want the output from the swipe pad and gyro to be additive, but they don't seem to be.

Thanks for any help

Trigger zones do not adjust the sensitivity of the triggers themselves. Trigger zones are mainly needed for the mapping assignment.
    Use case: once you reach some particular zone of the trigger - the mapping will be reproduced.
    Only the inner and outer deadzone can be adjusted.

Regarding the issues with gyro aiming, it also depends on a type of mapping you use for the gyro and stick. They should be the same (either the virtual stick's input or the mouse movement mappings).

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, Im still unsure of if I can do anything about the trigger zones. y issue isnt with the sensitivity of the triggers, my issue is that I would like independant setting of the trigger zones. So for instance I wish I could set the lower zone to be 90% of the trigger range, the middle to be the next 5% of the trigger range and the high zone to be the last 5% of the trigger range.

For my Gyro aiming, thanks for the suggestion that I check I am not mixing outputs, but I am indeed just using mouse outputs for both. I realised that the axis was inverted which was messing up my aim. So ignore that ask!

Comment

Originally Posted by GrotwellsGreat View Post
        Thanks for getting back to me, Im still unsure of if I can do anything about the trigger zones. y issue isnt with the sensitivity of the triggers, my issue is that I would like independant setting of the trigger zones. So for instance I wish I could set the lower zone to be 90% of the trigger range, the middle to be the next 5% of the trigger range and the high zone to be the last 5% of the trigger range.

For my Gyro aiming, thanks for the suggestion that I check I am not mixing outputs, but I am indeed just using mouse outputs for both. I realised that the axis was inverted which was messing up my aim. So ignore that ask!
        Hello! At the moment, it is only possible to change the size of the trigger zones proportionally, as you noted above.
        We're going to make it possible to adjust the trigger zones like the stick's zones, but it's hard to talk about an approximate timeframe at this point.
        Stay tuned!

Comment

Hey there!

The ability to change the zone shape for the triggers is added to reWASD 5.8 release today. Would be happy if you try it
          You can learn more about other novelties in this post.

Comment

Working...
          X