Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto detect doesn't work reliably?

Hello.

I've been using reWASD for about a month now, and have noticed a very consistent problem with it: the auto detect feature doesn't seem to work reliably. To be clear, it does work - just not 100% of the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The games that I'm using reWASD with are Final Fantasy XIV and Phantasy Star Online 2. I've associated the correct processes with the profiles, and clicked the button to enable auto detect functionality.

Now, when I launch one of these games, reWASD may or may not auto detect it and switch profile. If it doesn't, I've noticed that alt+tabbing out and then back in (or opening the start menu to toggle focus on the game window) fixes it. So then I'll be happily playing, and later need to alt+tab out to check something in my web browser or use another program. I'll then alt+tab back in... and it doesn't auto detect again. Again I need to unfocus and refocus the game to get it to work.

So again, auto detect does work, just not reliably. It seems to me like reWASD isn't polling for the active window, but rather listening for some kind of focus-switch events, but then is missing those events half the time.

Does anyone else have this problem or have any advice?

Thanks.

Hey there!

Please check the app names you have added to Autodetect. Both these games have some launchers and additional processes, all of them should be added to the list to be sure that Autodetect is working. Could you please show me your list of associated processes?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. However, I believe I've already added all of the processes.

For Final Fantasy XIV, I've added the following:
      • ffxiv.exe
      • ffxiv_dx11.exe
      • ffxivboot.exe
      • ffxivboot64.exe
      • ffxivconfig.exe
      • ffxivconfig64.exe
      • ffxivlauncher.exe
      • ffxivlauncher64.exe
      • ffxivsysinfo.exe
      • ffxivsysinfo64.exe
      • ffxivupdater.exe
      • ffxivupdater64.exe
      For Phantasy Star Online 2, I've added the following:
      • pso2.exe
      • pso2cloud.exe
      • pso2download.exe
      • pso2dynamicdownloader.exe
      • pso2launcher.exe
      • pso2predownload.exe
      • pso2updater.exe
      These are all of the included .exe files as far as I can tell, and I'm still encountering the issue.

I also personally feel like it's a bit absurd to instruct users to add every single executable file, although I mean no offence in saying that. I'm quite sure that the game windows are always represented by ffxiv.exe (or ffxiv_dx11.exe, depending on renderer) and pso2.exe, respectively. ffxivlauncher.exe for example is obviously the game's launcher, not the game itself... and I don't even necessarily want my reWASD config to apply while the launcher is open. pso2updater.exe is obviously the game's updater... again, not the game itself.

I feel convinced that reWASD's auto detect functionality doesn't work properly. I don't care about it switching profiles for launchers or updaters, just for the main game window. And it does auto detect the main game window - just not all the time. A simple Alt+Tab and then back again, or a press of the Windows key and then Escape, to toggle focus, fixes the issue. To me it is as if reWASD is just watching for focus switches but misses them sometimes.

If you have any more troubleshooting steps you'd like me to try or anything you can suggest, please let me know.

Thanks.

Comment

Got it, you have added more than enough. Nope, I don't ask you to add each and every process, just both games have way to many executable files. We will check it from our side to be sure what happens here. Thank you for the report.

Comment

Hello!

We have made some changes to Autodetect functionality and seems to be getting awesome results with both mentioned games. Would be grateful if you could check reWASD 5.8 and send us your feedback

Other new things introduced today are described here.

Comment

So far so good. I've updated, and at least so far, auto detect appears to be working much better! I'll post again if I notice any more issues, but at least so far it seems like the issue has been fixed. Thanks a lot for the update!

Comment

Originally Posted by Chris Tucker View Post
              So far so good. I've updated, and at least so far, auto detect appears to be working much better! I'll post again if I notice any more issues, but at least so far it seems like the issue has been fixed. Thanks a lot for the update!
              We try to do our best to make reWASD comfortable for our users. We hope there will be no more issues

Comment

Working...
              X