Broken behavior with ps3 navigation controller + mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken behavior with ps3 navigation controller + mouse

I would just like to use my mouse + the navigation controller to run some FPSs. Mainly at the moment I had gears of war 5 in mind.

I just wanted the analog stick on the navigation controller to map to WASD (I guess there is no better way) so I can use it for movement.

I tested the navigation controller with the gamepad tester website and everything seems perfectly fine, with excellent responsiveness on the stick.

However, when I run it in the game (tried both GoW5 and Halo: MCC) I get bizarre laggy stick behavior. If I hold in one direction, and let go of the stick it takes awhile before my character stops, and sometimes if quickly change direction it ignores my change and locks me into the original direction forever until I hit that direction again and it stops.

Trying to do other actions like use the triggers while moving on the stick has massive delays and missed inputs. It only works if I make small short movements on the stick, then everything seems fine (i.e move a direction for a second and let go).

I don't know if it's my system, but I doubt it's the controller itself as I tested as mentioned above.

I had DS4 windows installed on my system and just uninstalled the SCP driver with the exe next to my DS4 exe.

Any ideas here? In theory your software looks great and I was ready to pay, but this simply doesn't work right at all. Thanks for any help!

You can try changing [Virtual Keyboard repeat rate] here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	215
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	226500

I'd suggest starting with [Do not repeat] option first, then the [Slow] one.

Comment

Thanks, that seems to have fixed it! Why was it on fast to begin with? That seems.... likely to fail?

I was just running with "Do not repeat" and seemed good. Is there some reason slow or faster is actually preferrable?

Comment

Hey
        [Fast] is usually the default. But different games may react differently, so there is no universal best option.

Comment

Working...
        X