Help with LED settings not applying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with LED settings not applying

Hi! I've been using the program for quite a while, but I still have no idea how the LED setting work within specific configs.
    I run a standard Windows Home x64 license laptop.

I did try googling and the official documentation, but nothing actually worked, nor I found some specific information I was looking for.

I use PS4 and Dualsense controllers, both support custom LED settings, but they simply do not work. With that I mean, I change settings inside any CONFIG file, and they just don't apply to the controller. There's only ONE that works, I'll show below.

Just to clarify, within the settings/preferences for reWASD, I did make changes specifically for the Dualsense controller, and they did work. And I am aware that the LED settings in any config it's basically a behaviour override from the default one's, configured in the software settings/preferences.

This is how it looks like in the 'default' settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Preferences.png
Views:	929
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	226576
    I've only changed the default 'Shift 0 Modifier' to a blue hue, and it works in everyconfig file I have.

Then, I try changing it to a green hue when using it to emulate XInput devices (Xbox controllers, basically) and this is how it looks like:

Name:	Xinput.png
Views:	704
Size:	572.6 KB
ID:	226577
    Just to clarify the obvious here, I did try saving, applying, saving and applying, switching configs, reconnecting the device and even switching devices. Nothing worked. When I open the same screen, the LED setting ARE SAVED, I do not need to put the green hue in there again. It's just not working/applying.

With that said, I do have ONE config file forthe Dualsense that does work, and there's only one key difference that I can't seem to find a way to "implement" it to other configurations.
    This is the config file for my Genshin Impact controller layout, I use it to be able to use the "interact action" on the touchpad click and allow gyroscope aiming, simple stuff.

Name:	GI.png
Views:	703
Size:	599.6 KB
ID:	226578

The major difference in this config file is that ,as far as I can remeber, this specific config file was the wone created when I added the "Dualsense" profile, in the upper right corner drop down menu. And since it was created, the LED settings button is actually colored, while any other configuration I make inside this profile gets a monochromatic grayscale icon. This also stands true to any other profile I create, for any device. The first config file has a colored icon, while any other gets a gray icon.

Name:	Icon.png
Views:	501
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	226579

After doing some Googling, reading the official documentation, reading this post, I couldn't find any specific information about this. Only generics "How to" tutorials with obvious content for my personal understanding. Nothing about some kind of troubleshooting, or if I am doing something wrong, which I don't feel like I am disregarding the icon coloring, hence why this post asking for help.

It's also completely possible I totally missed the text in any of this pages I mentioned (heck, I could have missed anywhere and everywhere) containing a possible solution, not the brightest person here. If that's the case, my bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any help is appreciated, I think I provided all the visual and teorical info needed, but if more is necessary, I'll gladly provide.
    Attached Files

Hello!

There are two things that should be set inside the config for LED: the color and the mode.

In your XInput config, there are needed colors, but you haven't set the mode (it is None as far as I can see on the screenshot). Please set it to Solid Glow (if you want LED to have a simple light) or any other mode you like (the LED will be blinking, glowing and so on). Then, it should work as expected.

Comment

Man, I can't stop laughing at my own stupidity. It was literally in my face. I feel like a total idiot. How could I not notice it even after taking the screen shots, and worse, this whole time tweaking within it? Anyway...

Thanks a lot!

That was the problem, aparently I can't see lol

Comment

No problem, that's why we are here. reWASD has lots of various options, settings and mappings, it is totally OK if you have missed something. No worries

Comment

Working...
        X