No announcement yet.

Weird issue maybe? RetroArch and xinput/dinput

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I figured it out. PlayNite is monopolizing the xinput device. Which is going to be a big problem, not sure how to fix that....

Comment

Oh, interesting, never heard about this one. It seems you will need to use the controller via DirectInput then.

Comment

Unless I can figure out how to get PlayNite to back off. Maybe if it closes to the tray it will stop monopolizing the input. Anyway, I might be able to take it up with them if not. I'd really rather NOT use D-input if I can avoid it...

Comment

I see. Hope you find the best solution soon.

Comment

Ok, slight problem...when I disable ReWASD, everything works fine. And now shutting down PlayNite isn't working to free things up. Very very odd. I think I may have to give up on being able to quick-switch to a BT controller for now and figure out another solution for mouse input, until this gets figured out.

Comment

If we have any ideas how to help, we will certainly let you know.

Comment

Ok, just to revive this thread, I did actually eventually figure this out. It wasn't just PlayNite, it was also the fact that somehow ReWASD also had a large number of configurations saved, I guess too many. Or maybe one of them had something funky in it. But when I cleaned them all out and started from scratch the problem was resolved. Just as a suggestion, might want to make that more accessible from the main window instead of only showing necro-configs in settings.

Comment

Working...
                X