Bluetooth Adapters for a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Adapters for a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller on PC

I am trying to figure out how to use my current bluetooth adapter with my controller. It's a simple 5.0 usb dongle and I'm able to use it just fine... but I have to re-pair my controller every time it disconnects from my computer. I was hoping there was a fix to this. Does anybody know of a solution?

Hello!

Unfortunately, it happens pretty often with some dongles and Nintendo controllers. Not only reWASD, but the system itself could not detect the controller after the restart. You may try to find your dongle in Device Manager and uncheck the following option:

Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Here is an example (but ensure that you have found your device). Also check the dongle in Device Manager. If it has Power Management tab, then you should uncheck this option there too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	e7b45df5b9.png Views:	0 Size:	247.2 KB ID:	227560

Comment

For me, I can't tell what port has my dongle in it currently. I'm using it on a usb that's connected to the power interface on my computer case. I think it's a 3.0, because it's blue.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Please find your controller in the list and tap on it. Then go to View (menu at the top) and choose View by connection mode. In the tree, you will see the dongle that is used for your gamepad above the gamepad itself (the gamepad will be a child item of the dongle).

Comment

Unchecking the power saver didn't fix the problem.

Comment

Got it. Then, it seems the adapter you have is not perfect for your Nintendo controller. Those ones are pretty naughty. You may need to check other adapters or consider buying the internal Bluetooth adapter which usually works better with controllers.

Comment

Can you link any to me that would for sure work better. Keep in mind, this isn't a "controller disconnection" issue, I was just trying to ask if there was a way to not have to re-pair the controller every time it disconnects.

Comment

I'm afraid we can't name something specific. In our experience, only BT adapters that are already present (built-in?) on motherboards, have been working fine in that regard.

Comment

Okay, I bought an internal wifi adapter with 5.1 bluetooth. I'll see if that fixes the issue. If not, it will at least give me slightly better bluetooth connections and the potential for faster wifi speeds. 😁

Comment

IT WORKS!!! YAY!

Comment

Working...
                      X