Xbox One Unmapping Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox One Unmapping Issues

I'm using the latest version of rewasd with the latest xbox one controller wirelessly connected to my pc through an xbox adapter. This has worked fine for me in the past but recently it has been disconnecting more frequently and at shorter distances. I only get about 10 feet from my adapter and it disconnects about every 15 minutes routinely. It then reconnects on its own without me having to get up or move it, but when it reconnects rewasd automatically unmaps it, forcing me to get up and reset the mapping by hand every time. I am also unable to find the share button in the list of controller buttons. I have a config which changes from a general navigation setup to the default controller buttons when I press the xbox button on my controller and I am unable to add the share button as an input in this mode. This setup is not what is causing my controller to be unmapped. The two are separate issues. There is no indicator of when the controller will disconnect and unmap itself besides the increment of time.

Please let me know what I can do to fix these issues. Thanks.

Hey there!

As for the first issue: I don't quite understand how this relates to reWASD? Are such disconnects observed without using reWASD?

As for the [Share] button question: if I understand you correctly, with the Xbox button as a Shift modifier, you go to another configuration layer, and there you want to set the Share button mapping from the mapping list.

So, reWASD can use the mappings of three types of virtual gamepads: Xbox One, Xbox 360 and DualShock 4.
    The [Share] button of these three controllers is only available on the DualShock 4.
    There is also a [Share] button on the Xbox Series X|S controller, but we are not emulating it yet.

If I have misunderstood something about your config, please explain it in more detail, attaching screenshots or short videos if possible.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and the clarification on the second issue.
      I still believe the first issue applies to rewasd. I have had the full service for months now and every time I connect my controller it would pull up the last config I used. After I updated to the latest version about a week ago, it has stopped automatically mapping itself when I turn it on. The issue isn't that it's disconnecting a bunch- that's just a flaw with the adapter and my setup. The issue is that rewasd has suddenly decided to stop automatically applying a map when you connect or reconnect a controller. It wouldn't bother me if all I had to do was apply it the first time I connect it that day, but I have to get up every 15 mins to apply the remap and its very frustrating. Surely there is something in the rewasd config or settings to fix this. It was working just fine until the last update. I haven't checked the changelog yet but I can't imagine this was an intentional detail.

Comment

Ok, after a little more looking into it, I have "Restore remap state on startup and device reconnect" on and I tried turning it off and back on still no luck. I also found out it does this even when the controller disconnects due to inactivity. I find it weird that I can't use the slot hotkeys to manually set a remap when the controller is unmapped as well. I'm getting really creative here but maybe there is a feature I'm missing or a config that can override the auto remap/slot hotkeys settings? Maybe some software I have is messing with the auto remap and I need to find a way to prioritize rewasd controller functions. I did just install a ps3 emulator last week but I can't imagine that would cause this issue. I have this issue regardless of that software being open. Maybe theres a way to allow slot hotkeys to work when the controller is unmapped? Any of these would be a fine solution if they exist.

Comment

Your case is now clearer. Thanks! The only setting that affects the return of the remap status after starting the PC or reconnecting the device is the "Restore remap state on startup and device reconnect" setting, which is located in the Tray Agent tab.
          You need to check this option.Click image for larger version

Name:	6358fdecaf.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	227929

Comment

Also, to clarify, I have "Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app" off just in case it is unmapping due to an associated app being closed. This did nothing to solve the issue. It seems like the "Restore remap state" setting is just not doing its job.

Comment

Originally Posted by tacocoma View Post
              Ok, after a little more looking into it, I have "Restore remap state on startup and device reconnect" on and I tried turning it off and back on still no luck. I also found out it does this even when the controller disconnects due to inactivity. I find it weird that I can't use the slot hotkeys to manually set a remap when the controller is unmapped as well. I'm getting really creative here but maybe there is a feature I'm missing or a config that can override the auto remap/slot hotkeys settings? Maybe some software I have is messing with the auto remap and I need to find a way to prioritize rewasd controller functions. I did just install a ps3 emulator last week but I can't imagine that would cause this issue. I have this issue regardless of that software being open. Maybe theres a way to allow slot hotkeys to work when the controller is unmapped? Any of these would be a fine solution if they exist.
              Try to clear data. Go to Preferences → General tab → Clear data. Confirm the action, and test it again with "Restore remap state on startup and device reconnect" enabled.

If this does not solve the issue and the config does not apply automatically when reconnecting the device, I would ask you to download some screen recording application and record a video of what is happening so that we have a better understanding of your config and what happened.

Thanks in advance

Comment

That seems to have fixed it! thanks so much for being patient

Comment

Working...
                X