Advance Mapping - changing labels of button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Mapping - changing labels of button

While I was on trial of "Advance Mapping" feature ... I was a bit busy modifying Wii bluetooth adapter for use with PC and fixing one of my DS3 controllers ... and did not noticed my trial has expired

I have third party controller GameSir T4 Pro (https://www.gamesir.hk/collections/g...gamesir-t4-pro) ... its a Nintendo Switch PRO clone (with gyro) but has face button labels of X-Box controller. When connected to PC in switch mode, ReWASD detect it as Switch PRO (including its gyro function), which is great.

Here is annoying part: while I press A on controller ... ReWASD registers it as B ... aka physical location of button matches what is on Virtual Controller, its just the label does not.

If GameSir implemented so that when I press A ... ReWASD registers it as A ... then physical location of button will not match corresponding Virtual Controller ... BUT I know, this can be fix with "Advance Mapping" by swapping A with B and X with Y.

However, I am not sure if "Advance Mapping" can solve what I have now ... where I only need to change label of a button

Sorry if this is a bit confusing ... very hard to explain this in words

If by "label" you mean the picture that is shown, so called 'scheme' of your controller, it is not possible to change it. Since we add the officially supported controller to it, and in case manufacturer changed the position of the keys, there is no way for us to detect it and change the picture correspondingly, since the app will still think it is a Switch Pro controller.

Still, you can add descriptions to your buttons and enable the description-only mode it reWASD, so instead of mappings you will be shown a description you manually assigned to it, if I got you correctly.

Comment

Went through settings and could not find "description-only mode" ... where is it?

Comment

Got it ... icon similar to "bullets point" in MS Word

Comment

Originally Posted by tij View Post
          Got it ... icon similar to "bullets point" in MS Word
          Yes that's right

Comment

Working...
          X