No announcement yet.

Bug in 6.0.0? "Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in 6.0.0? "Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app"

Hi,

today i updated to Version 6.0.0. Everytime i play a "associated" game, my Desktop Configuration must be assigned again to a slot. Sorry for my poor englisch description I'm german. i try it with an example. I use the Xbox Elite 2 Controller, which had for Slots. All associated App-Profiles are mapped to Slot 1, Slot 2 is my Desktop-Config, Slot 4 ist my Native-Controller Config (if i play a game and don't want to make the association). In Version 5 it works fine. Start a "associated" game, close it, and Config in Slot 2 (Desktop) is acitve. But in Version 6, i close the "associated" game and the Slots of my Controller are emtpy. So i have to reassigend the Profile to the slots again.

If i uncheck the Option "Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app" the Slots are not empty, but also not active. But if i switch the Slots via Controller it still works again.
    With checked Option "Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app", the Slots are empty.

Cheers,
    Waetsch

Hello!

I have just checked your steps with Elite 2 controller, and it seems to be working correctly with reWASD 6.0. However, I think I understand what is going wrong on your side. Since the update, we had massive changes in GUI, and so some previous associations between the devices and configs used for Autodetect could not be saved. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

You need to set the associations one more time (while the processes are already there), so there are just two things you need to do:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ee3efb0d13.png Views:	67 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	229047

(1) Check Autodetect option
    (2) Set the Slot you need and click on Radar icon

If you use several configs, you should do it for all of them. I hope it will solve the issue.

Comment

Hi,
      thank's for your fast response. Sadly that doesn't work. I make a short Video what happend if the Checkbox is unchecked and checked.
      Link to Video: https://youtu.be/F9CpTJgfyrI

Cheers,
      Rainer

Comment

Looks like this is indeed a bug. Thank you for reporting!

And while you wait for the fix, I'd suggest to either keep the [Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app] option disabled and switch back to Desktop config manually via [Slots] shortcuts, or to enable autodetect for your Desktop profile and add [explorer.exe], [searchui.exe] and other apps you want to use the Desktop profile on.

By the way, we have added Deutsch (German) localization to reWASD, so feel free to check it out!

Comment

Fixed with 6.0.1 - Great!
          Thx and peaceful and happy Xmas.

Comment

You are welcome! Thanks again for the report

Comment

Working...
            X