How can I set a toggle for the Shift profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I set a toggle for the Shift profiles

I'm using reWASD for my razer Tartarus. Yes Razer has their own software, but personally I find it a bit lagging. Like at one point I thought that Tartarus was broken because some keys weren't being registered with precision. Until I tested it under linux using some guy's handmade software that emulates what razer's own software does, and there every key was working fine. So I suspected razer's software was buggy, and considering that development for it stopped(the old 2.0 version of Synapse) recently I've started using reWASD and I'm quite happy. But there is a feature I'm missing from that razer's software that I hope someone knows how to simulate it with reWASD.

Razer has it's own version of the Shift profile called keymaps. It works the same way, you can set a key to switch between keymaps...either as "while holding" or as "permanent" switch to that keymap. "While holding" does what Shift profiles do by default, while the permanent one I would adjust the stick left to go in to keymap8(for example) and in keymap8 I will adjust the same stick left to go back to keymap0 which is my default.
    Basically when i press that button I'll go to keymap8 and until I press the same button again it won't go back to keymap0. Kind of like a toggle. Does anyone know how can I recreate this behavior with reWASD. I tried the "toggle" option but that appears to work as a "hold until pressed again", while I I want to just switch to Shift profile 4(for example) permanently until I call another button to jump to another Shift profile(in my case back to the default profile0).

Hello!

Great to know that you have found reWASD useful for your device

At the moment, we are reworking Shift mode, so it will have more options and possibilities. One of them — is the ability to switch from one Shift layer to another or use different buttons to enter a layer and leave it. I think you will be able to do what you want once we release our big update (coming this February). Stay tuned!

Comment

Sounds great!
      Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
      X