Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle / Slider

Hi

How can i create a throttle / slider effect?

I play a game called Digital Combat Simulator for which i want to create a slider using the Axis controls.
    However, by default as soon as you move the axis of a joystic it snaps to the center of the axis, i want to use the joystick axis on my XBOX one controller to act as a slider when i push it.

can this be done and if so how do i setup a mapping using reWASD

thanks

Hello! Please describe in more detail.
    Can you show on video or in a gamepad tester what movement you want to perform?

Comment

I too Play DCS (Digital Combat Simulator) and what I think is being asked is how to make a joystick moving up and down remember a certain amount of "pressure" Like you would a throttle on a HOTAS Throttle control. from what I have tested - this has been the most effective way to simulate it. tapping the joystick/trigger gives a short blip to allow for fine tune throttle inputs while maxing out the axis allows you to hold to throttle extremes.

in DCS Controls:
      1. Clear the link for the axis controls for your throttle.
      2. Take note of the keys for Throttle UP/Throttle DOWN (default for me was NUMPAD + and NUMPAD -)

In reWASD:
      1. Select whichever Axis you plan on using (See images for guides on Joysticks or Triggers)
      2. Enter Advanced for Joysticks or Zones for Triggers
      3. Select the direction you want your throttle up to be and bind that key to your High and Low zone of the Axis, leaving the Mid zone unmapped.
      4. Adjust the Zone Values using the Precise Adjustment (the little wrench) on the Axis. [for triggers, set medium zone at 4800 and high zone at 30000][for joysticks set medium zone to 12000 and high zone to 29000]
      5. repeat steps 2-4 with the opposite throttle direction and save the changes to your controller mapping!

Let me know how this works for you, I know it is not perfect but its the closest thing ive gotten to being able to maintain and fine tune a specific RPM for my engines in DCS while still being able to hit max throttle positions quickly.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached two of the same image by accident - here is the Joystick example
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Working...
          X