X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Feature Request] Unmap Enter

Hi,

I've seen https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...to-unmap-a-key ,
    but I need a option to allow unmapping Enter key.
    Can you consider of it?

Thanks,

Hello!

You can unmap the Enter key on your NumPad panel, if you need it.

As for the "main" Enter, we have decided to forbid unmapping it, so in any case you will be able to use the system with at least the most important keys.
    Could you please describe why exactly you want to unmap it? For which game and action? To consider changing this behavior, we may need a bit more details.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for quick response, and sorry being late to reply.

I have a wired number pad and want to use it as a left-hand controller, but the number pad has Enter key. (seems to be "main" Enter, not NumEnter)
      I want to map Space or other features to the Enter key to use with game apps, media player and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Welcome back!

I have a wired number pad and want to use it as a left-hand controller, but the number pad has Enter key. (seems to be "main" Enter, not NumEnter)
        Please try to find Numpad Enter manually in the list of keys and map the thing you want it to be — if you hook this key, you will see the "main" Enter, but it also has another scan code that could not be hooked due to peculiarity of this key.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cffd3cc531.png
Views:	161
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	229922

Comment

Thanks,

I've tried to select "NumPad Enter" to unmap, but it's not worked (Enter key event still fire).
          With another number pad, it worked. So my number pad seems not general.

I think the only way is to unmap main Enter...
          I hope an option like "[x] Allow unmap essential keys" in preference page, for example.

Comment

Got it, thank you for checking that for me.

Your suggestion is taken into account, we will let you know how it goes

Comment

Than you so much for considering it!
              I'll wait for the update.

Comment

Working...
              X