Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singe press input lag when button have assigned a Long Press/Double Press

Hello everyone.

Just used this tool together with newly released Resident Evil 4 HD Project and its just awesome for all these terrible quick time events in the game.

To run away from danger in a quick time event you mash X on the Xbox controller so i simply enabled Turbo on Long Press, but same button is also heavily used for shooting outside of the quick time events. Now the problem is this creates very noticeable input delay on single presses aka shooting (500ms give or take) also tried Double Press instead, but same. Messed around with Long press time in settings in case it was set way to low, no luck.

Ended up using one of free buttons the game dont use for anything and all is good, but for future uses i see this as a huge problem as more modern games would likely use every single thing on the controller and i then have to choose which button i add lag to.

Noticed that when i go into Windows "Set up USB controllers" Properties and look at the signals the assigned button lights up weird/different than when pressing the unassigned YBA buttons. very strange.

Hello!

If you use activators on the same button, reWASD needs to be sure which activator is going to work next, and so there is truly a delay. With Single and Long Press used together, Single Press mapping will work when you release this button. So, if you need a fast emulation, just do not press and hold this button. With Single and Double Press used together, the Single Press mapping will work after "Double Press Time" is finished — no matter if you press or release this button.

Still, both default values are less than a half of the second, so I am not sure if there is something else that happens on your side. Please send me the config you are using. Right-click on the name of the config you're using to open the contextual menu, and choose Open file location. Then send me the chosen *.rewasd file. I will check other settings there.

If you need to get immediate emulation, you could try Start Release activator instead of Single — but you will get several simultaneous events in this case.

Comment

My settings where just this:

But now added Start Press as well. And did the trick! Thanks for the tip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tcKz7mO.png
Views:	379
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	230053

Little off-topic and likely aware of the issue, but the new LED settings for Xbox Series X that where added in 6.0.1 dont survive turning controller off and on again. It will just start to light again even though LED settings are still set to none.

Comment

Hey! Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
        I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Name:	LmGKbD7Sg7KEom.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	230060
        Also send a screenshot of your LED settings.

Comment

Sure. Removed the IcoGame.png images from zip to save space.

Did try just about anything. Like leaving "Enable LED when controller is connected" ticked/on and only use none and the other way around as well, but same result, controller will just turn on light again after reconnecting. A General > Clear Data do make the light turn off after setting the settings again, but just back after reconnecting next day.

Did install newest firmware about a month ago.

Attached Files

Comment

In your PS4 Remote Play config, the LEDs are turned on. You should reset them to default — because the LED in config always overrides the settings in Preferences.

Name:	4720a21331.png
Views:	395
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	230076

Also, it may be a chance the controller sends LED by itself. To override it, you do not need to turn the setting off, you need to apply black color to them.

Comment

Working...
            X