Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to set different mappings to each slot

Hello there,

I am trying to set different mappings to slot 1 and 2 but when i remap a key it seems to be applied to every slot.

Maybei missed something totally obvious.

Hi!
    Are you sure you mean slots?
    Or maybe it's about Shift mode?

Slots are used to switch between different configs using shortcuts.

Therefore, you need to have 2 different configs with different mappings.
    One config must be manually applied to slot 1, and the other to slot 2.
    After that, you will need to set up a shortcut to switch between slots in Preferences → Slots.

Important: if you select a slot in the drop-down list in the upper left corner of reWASD, and another config has already been applied to this slot, then clicking on the "Apply" button will overwrite the slot.

Comment

Hi,
      thanks for the fast reply didn't see it yesterday.

So yes definitly slots and not shift mode.

Yeah about that i have an elite controller so i have that extra button to switch between the slots instead of the shortcuts.

Ok so how do i set a config to a slot?

Comment

Hey there!
        1. First, you need to select the config that you want to apply to the slot from the list of your profiles with configs.
        2. Then you need to select the slot number where the config will be applied.
        3. Apply the config manually using the "Apply" button in this slot.

So you can apply 4 different configs in 4 different slots.
        Once the configs are assigned to the slots, you can enable the remap not with the "Apply" button, but with the remap button in the lower left corner of reWASD and switch between these slots either using shortcuts in reWASD or using the slot switch buttons on your controller

Comment

thanks for the fast replies, sorry it always takes so long to answer them. I got it to work thanks to your last comment.
          It's kinda hard to see/guess which config is applied to which slot since there is no indication for it.

Comment

Great it to know that it is solved now!

Will think how to make this process clearer, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X