Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loss of profiles when updating to the latest version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of profiles when updating to the latest version.

Hi dudes

When I update to the latest version (6.1.0), I can't activate remap using a DS4. Using a USB connection, it detects it correctly, but it doesn't let me access the option to "activate remap" and it doesn't show me the games profiles configured in the previous version (5.8.1).

Thank you!!!

Hello!

There have been many changed since 5.8.1, and some things should be reconfigured again. But the configs should be safe. Could you please show me the screenshot of reWASD main window — with opened game menu at the top-right? Also, please check if you have any .rewasd files in the correspondent game folders here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles (it is a default storage of your configs).

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

There have been many changed since 5.8.1, and some things should be reconfigured again. But the configs should be safe. Could you please show me the screenshot of reWASD main window — with opened game menu at the top-right? Also, please check if you have any .rewasd files in the correspondent game folders here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles (it is a default storage of your configs).
      Hello!!

I started having this problem since version 6.0.0

I'll show you what I say..

DS4 with usb cable (6.1.0)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	230675

DS4 with bluetooth(6.1.0)

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	230676

DS4 with usb cable (5.8.1)

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	230677

DS4 with bluetooth(5.8.1)

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	230678

Comment

We see that you are using different configs on these screenshots.
        [A-Brian] config seems to be empty, which is why [Apply] button is disabled.
        [C-Athena] config has mapping on it, so [Apply] button is available.

Please do the following:
        1. Go into [C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\KOF98] folder.
        2. Find [A-Brian.rewasd] and [A-Brian.rewasd.bak] files in that folder and upload them as attachments to your next reply.
        This will allow us to check and compare the configs and see if config conversion worked properly.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          We see that you are using different configs on these screenshots.
          [A-Brian] config seems to be empty, which is why [Apply] button is disabled.
          [C-Athena] config has mapping on it, so [Apply] button is available.

Please do the following:
          1. Go into [C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\KOF98] folder.
          2. Find [A-Brian.rewasd] and [A-Brian.rewasd.bak] files in that folder and upload them as attachments to your next reply.
          This will allow us to check and compare the configs and see if config conversion worked properly.
          Hi and thanks!

All character names in the KOF 98 folder have their custom settings. At the moment none have empty configurations.
          I could have put "C-Athena" or any other and nothing is seen.

This is the setup for A-BrianClick image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	230682

Last edited by Captain66MHz; 05.03.2022, 03:28.

Comment

We still need the files (.rewasd and .rewasd.bak of the same config) to investigate this issue.

Comment

We still need the files (.rewasd and .rewasd.bak of the same config) to investigate this issue.
              Ok I did it
              Attached Files

Comment

Strange. New and .bak files are identical and when imported to latest version of reWASD available on our site (6.1.0.5575) show all mappings correctly.

So my suggestion for now:
                1. Backup all files from [c:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\] folder.
                2. Uninstall reWASD with [Remove all] option.
                3. Restart PC.
                4. Download and install the latest version of reWASD from our site.
                5. Restart PC.
                6. Import (double-click) all configs back from the backup folder.

Comment

Strange. New and .bak files are identical and when imported to latest version of reWASD available on our site (6.1.0.5575) show all mappings correctly.

So my suggestion for now:
                  1. Backup all files from [c:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\] folder.
                  2. Uninstall reWASD with [Remove all] option.
                  3. Restart PC.
                  4. Download and install the latest version of reWASD from our site.
                  5. Restart PC.
                  6. Import (double-click) all configs back from the backup folder.
                  Thanks, it worked very well for me.

PD: Can I create a shortcut for the "stop combo" function (View+Menu+Left B+Right B)?

Comment

Originally Posted by Captain66MHz View Post

Thanks, it worked very well for me.

PD: Can I create a shortcut for the "stop combo" function (View+Menu+Left B+Right B)?
                    No. It is not possible to change the member-buttons of this shortcut.
                    Currently, this option works to stop all combos by pressing a specific combination (View + Menu + RB + LB)
                    This is actually not a shortcut, but an option in the reWASD .

Comment

Working...
                    X