X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite 2: Paddles stopped working (mapped) yesterday

Hello reWASD community,

My Elite Controller 2 paddles stopped working yesterday with their reWASD keybinds yesterday. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Accessories App, and my paddles do not work within ff14 and elder scrolls online. I checked the in game binds too. What is weird, is that on my 1st profile, I have escape mapped to the options (left button) and that works, but not the paddles. This usually happens and I am trying to track down what is the issue. I tried re-mapping the rewasd keybinds and clicked save. Has someone had a similar experience?
  • Answer selected by reWASDer at 21.03.2022, 17:43.

Originally Posted by nightsky87 View Post
    Is this a problem as well if I'm using the Xbox Wireless Adapter? I updated my controller firmware yesterday and now none of the paddles are working. Unfortunately, I have no access to an Xbox console to downgrade my device firmware.
    Found this thread today when I was trying to set up reWASD for the first time. Of course the first time using the XBox Accessories app it prompts you to update the firmware.
    I am using the XBox wireless adapter with Elite Series 2.

I did find a way to do this through Windows (I have only tested W10, I have not needed to test W11. As with any sort of firmware changes YMMV, and it is done at your own risk):
    Right-click the Start Menu > Run
    Enter
    Code:
    xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true
    Run

For me this gave the firmware downgrade warnings and let me know it would no longer prompt me for upgrades. It allowed me to proceed and downgrade the firmware to 4.8.1908.0.
    I also do not know if there is a way to selectively update to a newer old firmware, or if there are other issues with using this firmware, but the paddles now appear to work for me.

Comment

Hello
      Did you update the controller firmware? Please indicate its version (can be viewed in Xbox Accessories).

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply RAM Stealer ! The firmware version is 5.13.3143.0

Comment

Unfortunately, with this one Xbox Elite Series 2 doesn't report paddles, and so reWASD can't remap them. We hope Microsoft will fix it soon. This version should not be released yet, so I assume you are in Xbox Insiders program?

Anyway, right now you may check how to revert the firmware update on the console and Windows (the steps are shown in this video).

Comment

Hi reWASDer , I'd like to echo back to ensure I understand correctly. So with the new firmware (assuming it's new, since I updated the firmware AFTER I started experiencing issues) that I have, it doesn't recognize the paddles? So in order to fix, I have to revert the firmware on the controller?

Comment

Hello!

Yes, you understood correctly. With this firmware version, you won't be able to remap paddles. But I hope you will be able to revert it to get back to the stable one (it should be 4.8).

Comment

Thanks reWASDer for your response. I tried to select that driver but it was unable to save the settings. I tried to uninstall the driver and restart my computer and now it shows as HID-Compliant Game Controller in Device Manager. I tried to update but receive the same error message. Any insight into this one?

Comment

Please try to search for a driver via the Internet using this option:

Click image for larger version

Name:	6e4427bde7.png
Views:	3349
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	230984

Comment

RAM Stealer I have exactly the same paddle issues as described by harvspecial. Also on Firmware 5.13.3143.0. I tried reverting via the Device Manager trick above as well as a firmware reinstall after uninstall from the Internet (as shown directly above) and couldnt get it to revert. I don't have access to a console for the other technique to revert. I guess I'm stuck until MS fix this new driver? Or have they permanently changed the way paddles are registered with the new drivers?

Comment

Unfortunately, these are all available methods so far. We hope that Microsoft will make corrections soon.

Comment

Is this a problem as well if I'm using the Xbox Wireless Adapter? I updated my controller firmware yesterday and now none of the paddles are working. Unfortunately, I have no access to an Xbox console to downgrade my device firmware.

Comment

Hello! If you got 5.13 firmware version, then the paddles won't work on any connection type. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but haven't found the way to revert the firmware without the console. Maybe you could contact Microsoft's support for the details?

Comment

Found this thread today when I was trying to set up reWASD for the first time. Of course the first time using the XBox Accessories app it prompts you to update the firmware.

I did find a way to do this through Windows (I have only tested W10, I have not needed to test W11. As with any sort of firmware changes YMMV, and it is done at your own risk):
                            Enter
                            Code:
                            Run

For me this gave the firmware downgrade warnings and let me know it would no longer prompt me for upgrades. It allowed me to proceed and downgrade the firmware to 4.8.1908.0.
                            I also do not know if there is a way to selectively update to a newer old firmware, or if there are other issues with using this firmware, but the paddles now appear to work for me.

Comment

Hello! Thanks a lot for sharing! We will check this guide too from our side.

Happy to know that it helped in your case.

Comment

Originally Posted by Vlandarr View Post

Enter
                                Code:
                                Run

Mate this is amazing and a straightforward method for firmware downgrade. It's interesting that this feature is included in the Xbox Accessories app but there is seemingly no in-application way to access it, perhaps some more RE is needed. Either way this also fixed by paddle issue so thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X