No announcement yet.

press paddle, hold one key down until paddle release but tap another key once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• press paddle, hold one key down until paddle release but tap another key once

hello so have tried this in a few ways and also looked in this forum for an answer. below is what i want to happen
    1. press paddle on xbox elite
    2. this will press and hold the x key for as long as the paddle is held down, release x after paddle is released
    3. also wait 2 seconds, then press and release they y key
    basically this is for star citizen where i want the f key to be held, but also want to tap the focus key to zoom in a bit while in the interaction menu.

Hey there!

If you want to implement all 3 points within the framework of one pressing and releasing the paddle, then this is not possible.
    To satisfy points 1 and 2, you just need to map the X button to the paddle.
    When you release the paddle, the X mapping will also be released.
    To implement point 3, you need to create a combo in the "Hold until release" mode, but then point 3 will not work either.

Also, it might be possible using activators.
    On the Single Press of the paddle you map the X button, and on the Release Press you map the combo which consists of pausing for 2000ms and pressing + releasing the Y button.
    However, at the moment, it is not possible to create combos for the Start Press and Release Press activators.

Perhaps I misunderstood your request and if you describe it in more detail and tell me what methods you tried, it will become easier for me to understand and find a solution for you.

Comment

hello and thank you for your response! i will attempt to clarify:
      • firstly I already know how to map paddles to tap, hold, double tap etc. on buttons/keys/mouse so that is not the issue.
      • secondly i already know how to use combos, pauses breaks etc. as well so no problem there either.

what i want is:
      1. map paddle to f key (the interaction key in star citizen. needs to be held down during all interactions)
        • i have already done this
      2. while paddle(read f key) is being held down, press and release the middle mouse button(default "focus" or zoom key in star citizen)
        • cannot get this to work
      3. keep the f key held down until i release the paddle
        • this works also
      so basically I want the activator key pressed down continuously, and about a second after the paddle is pressed, tap the middle mouse button one time. I guess kinda like activating the activator key AND a combo at the same time. Hopefully that clarifies it? thank you for your response.

Comment

sorry cannot edit my post.....

also the idea of using the release activator would not work because i do not want #2 to happen after i release the paddle, i want it to happen while the paddle is being held down. i dont know if i can upload a video of how the keys would operate, but that would make it easier to understand for you.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffff...................................... ..............................until i let go...ffffff................
        m3

Comment

Hello!

Please try the following:

1. Create a combo in Execute at once mode (1) which starts with F-down, Pause (1 second as you have mentioned), Mouse button click, LONG pause (2) and F-up:

Click image for larger version

Name:	898bb359f0.png
Views:	409
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	231048

2. Set this Combo to Turbo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	006f87bcb5.png
Views:	355
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	231049

This is how it will work: while you press and hold the paddle, you get the continuous press of F key, and also Mouse button will be clicked once after the preset pause (first one). The long pause lets you emulated the pressed F during al long as you may press and hold the paddle itself, while Turbo will stop the combo right after you release the paddle.

Hope it will help. Please let me know if I misunderstood your request.

Comment

Hello and thank you for the reply.

i had already tried this solution but the issue is that my requirement for number 3 above "keep the f key held down until i release the paddle" does not work with your solution. the combo will continue until the end even after i release the paddle.

i just dont think that this software has the ability to do what i am asking unfortunately. thanks for the help though.

Comment

You describe the behavior without Turbo. Have you tried to check it? Or maybe you do not have an active Rapid Fire feature? If you are missing it right now, please send me your System ID (which is shown on the License tab, at the bottom right), so I could add a few trial days for you.

Comment

thank you for the reply, yes I bought the full version with rapid fire / turbo so I tried it and it worked. turbo should not solve this problem as far as i can tell and it is not apparent why it would, but seems to have done the trick. I just did combo like "f down, pause 400ms, m3 down, m3 up, pause 999999999, f up".

the turbo allowed me to let go of the paddle and also stop the combo, where without turbo the combo will continue. strange the way that works, but it works so thank you for the idea!

Comment

We are always glad to help!
                  This is normal, because the turbo allows you to fire mapping while the button is held down.
                  And the combo itself is thought out so that it plays the sequence you want and continues to hold the f button for 999999ms.
                  But as soon as you release the paddle, the turbo stops working and the mapping (combo) will reset.

Comment

Yep, this is a trick Will try to make more obvious in the next versions.

Glad to know that it works for you!

Comment

Working...
                    X