Paid License, yet trial expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Non-Employee View Post
    I'll add a screenshot, (hopefully it doesn't matter that I cropped it to just the permissions window) but will add that the ProgramData folder that reWASD is located in is hidden. Could that have any effect? I also noticed from this screenshot that I have the same PC/user there 3 times for some reason. Not sure why.
    Those are default access permissions for ProgramData folder and it is normal for this folder to be hidden.

In this situation I can think only of some kind of corruption of your OS or some 3rd party software (like anti-virus or protection app) blocking access to this folder for our app.

You have mentioned getting the same result when running reWASD as an Administrator. Have you tried to activate the app, close it, then run as Administrator again? Activating it while running as Administrator would be the important part here.

Comment

I changed the permissions and so far I've managed to restart my PC at least 4 times and I haven't gotten that error yet. So I guess that fixed it? I guess I'll come back and try what you suggested if it stops working again?

Comment

Originally Posted by Non-Employee View Post
        I changed the permissions and so far I've managed to restart my PC at least 4 times and I haven't gotten that error yet. So I guess that fixed it? I guess I'll come back and try what you suggested if it stops working again?
        Good thing the problem didn't happen again!
        If the issue is still systemic, then yes, try these tips if the issue recurs.

Comment

Unfortunately its happening again. I tried revoking and activating while running as admin, closing, and running again, I don't get the error that closes the app, but it does still say my trial has expired. If I try to activate it again, I get an error that says "Activation is approved."

Comment

I am afraid there is not much we can do at this point. It is obvious that there is an issue with access permissions that is most likely happen due to 3rd party software we are unaware of.

The sure-fire solution would be to re-install or reset Windows and avoid using software that can affect HWID generation (like spoofers) or prevent access to [C:\ProgramData\] folder (usually done by a complex anti-virus/protection software).

With anti-viruses you could try to add all executables in [C:\Program Files\reWASD\] folder to an exclusions or trusted apps list.

Comment

Its odd as the only antivirus I have is Windows Defender. I did install Malwarbytes' free trial at one point but have since uninstalled it. Makes me wonder if some of it is lingering around or if it changed some settings when it was installed and didn't change them back when I uninstalled. I'll continue to mess around and come back if I find a possible solution.

Comment

Please let us know if you find something. Also, the idea to reinstall the system itself also should help.

Comment

Not to revive, but I had an idea to enable "Restore remap state on startup or device reconnect" in the Tray Agent settings (it was disabled when I started having this problem) and so far it's been working fine. Again, this could be placebo, but maybe it can help someone else or maybe there's even a bug related to having that option turned off?

Comment

To be honest, this option in Preferences should not affect the activation status of the application.
                    In any case, we have not encountered this before.
                    However, thanks for your observation.
                    Please specify which version of the reWASD assembly you are using now?

Comment

I'm still using what I believe is the newest version, v6.2.0.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X