Help with sending accidental inputs using shift layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with sending accidental inputs using shift layer

For example, if I press X along with a shift layer button and try to let go of both buttons at once, I might let go of the shift layer button first by accident, and that causes X to send both the shift layer mapping and the regular mapping. Is there a way to make the shift layer "eat" the button input, so that it can't send another mapping after sending the shifted one? Thanks!

Hello!
    Please send me the config you are using. You can find your config by right-clicking on the profile name and open the file location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	273
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	231229

Comment

Sure thing, I've attached it to this post.
      Attached Files

Comment

Solution here would be to disable [Preferences > General > Re-press the held button when switching Shift layers] option.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          Solution here would be to disable [Preferences > General > Re-press the held button when switching Shift layers] option.
          That doesn't seem to work for me, I am still getting the re-press unless I let go of the shift layer button last. I'm only using the main config and shift 1, could that be why?

Comment

It should work for all layers. Could you please describe the exact order of buttons you press and hold?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              It should work for all layers. Could you please describe the exact order of buttons you press and hold?
              To reproduce this behavior, I:
              - Hold down shift 1 (left upper paddle)
              - Hold down X, which has both a main config and shift 1 mapping
              - Release shift 1

This sends both the main config mapping and the shift 1 mapping, even with the re-press feature disabled.

Comment

Hmm. We were able to reproduce this issue and will fix it with the next update (6.1.2, ETA - start of May).

For now a temporary solution would be to have all buttons that remapped differently on other Shifts, remapped to themselves on [ Main Shift] with [Mute] flag enabled for them like in the config attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                  Hmm. We were able to reproduce this issue and will fix it with the next update (6.1.2, ETA - start of May).

For now a temporary solution would be to have all buttons that remapped differently on other Shifts, remapped to themselves on [ Main Shift] with [Mute] flag enabled for them like in the config attached.
                  Thanks, this is just what I needed!

Comment

Hello!

The issue is fixed with reWASD 6.2 update that is already released. No need to use the workarounds anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X