Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BUG] The shortcut is a nightmare after update !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BUG] The shortcut is a nightmare after update !!!

Sorry if i sound "funny" as i spend two days to troubleshoot this XXXX already ...

The shortcuts works perfectly to me (eg. A+B press at the same time = C, A/B/C is keyboard key input and output not gamepad buttons) before the update (6.0.1 >>> 6.1.1, 6.10 may got the same bug)

After the update pressing keyboard A+B will just gave me AB not C... Like the shortcut system not even there.... But mouse are still working with the shortcut like it should be.

Forum suggest uninstall and install the old ver. will solve it, so i do it but there is another unsolvable problem.

After uninstall(reboot) , reinstall and reboot to the old ver. , shortcut problem gon, great ! But when i reboot the pc again (repeat this loop will give me the same outcome)

REWASD leave me a lovely message when it is started

Warning
    Gamepad mapping driver is not installed. Some functions are unavailable. Please install the driver before using REWASD. [install / Cancel]

press cancel = crash .... and XXXX me, bye.

press install >

Error
    Service and app version mismatch. Please install the latest REWASD version to continue. ????? What ???? How??? HRH????
    crash and loop...

There are something i have to say...

After 20 times of reboot and install. I am now forced to use the new broken/bugged ver. Because theshortcut mode with the keyboard is not working after the "update". Please fix it...

Why can't i just use the old ver. without that warning things(i am happy to use it without any update).... I can't even go to the option to turn things off. Uninstall and install should solve the problem... Is that uninstaller a joke or what... I even let it to remove all my profiles and setting... whatever...

I can't find any old ver. of rewasd to download from REWASD website. I don't know it is right or wrong move...

ps. It is just a simple kb without driver or software running behind, 1000 key rollover no problem. License with Advanced Mapping

​​​​​

Hello! Please try the following:

1) Run "Command Promt" (cmd.exe) as administrator. You need to type "cmd.exe" in the Windows taskbar search. Once it is found, right-click it and choose "run as administrator" option
    2) Switch to reWASD folder. Type cd "C:\Program Files\reWASD" and press Enter
    3) Type reWASDService.exe -drvuninstall and press Enter
    4) Restart your PC
    5) Manually remove "C:\Program Files\reWASD" folder
    6) Restart your PC again
    Try to install the new version from rewasd.com from scratch.

Send us your config so we can check the shortcuts. You can find your config by right-clicking on the profile name and open the file location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	395
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	231337

Forum suggest uninstall and install the old ver. will solve it, so i do it but there is another unsolvable problem.
    Also, please specify where you saw it.

Comment

Thks for the reply, i need a break for now.
      I may rec a video about this bug later.

Follow UP

-My KB is fine with ver. 6.0.1 , any new ver. will cause the shortcut bug.
      -KB is pantheon.
      -Another keyboard without anti-ghosting or n-key rollover got no problem. (!!!)
      -Using USB hub is not the problem

If anyone can tell me how to install and use the old ver. without crashes are welcome.

Comment

For testing , should be the same

Download pan 2 Xbox controls to remap gamepad on PC. pan 2 key bindings are the custom config to map controller to keyboard.
        Attached Files

Comment

You can download the previous version in your personal account.

Please send your main config so that we can explore its mappings along with shortcuts.

Comment

Yes, the downgrade to 6.01 is a success and not more crash after next reboot.
            Thks, very helpful. I can be the happy boy again.

The reason of downgrade failed. (My best guess, base on your hints)

There is a file hidgamemap.sys under os\system32\drivers\ , the uninstaller/installer may failed to remove(leave it there after uninstall finished?!) or downgrade this sys file when i re-installing an older ver. of rewasd. This causing the missmatch of service and driver.

Deleted it maually after entered reWASDService.exe -drvuninstall fixed everything.

For the main config thing i don't understand what it is and i can't repeat the bug now as you know.

Comment

The full name of the kb, Pantheon-mk882 (optical switch , too fast for the KeyWait ? :P )

Comment

Hello!

The only thing that changed with Shortcuts was connected to their emulation which should not depend on the type of the keyboard. I assume the issue with the installation ruined the new version. If you are ready to try, you may try to upgrade again, and after, you will need to make a fresh restart of reWASD using the following steps:

1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
                2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
                3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
                4. Initialize your devices from scratch and try again

Still, if you are OK with an older version, you may not upgrade to 6.1.1.

Comment

Working...
                X