Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imported Profiles to Different PC: They Won't Work No Matter What I Try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported Profiles to Different PC: They Won't Work No Matter What I Try?

I have 3 PCs in the house and 3 reWASD licenses. All Windows 10 home edition installs. No issues with reWASD on them. I recently did a fresh reinstall on one of the PCs and installed Windows 10 professional instead of home.

On this new W10 professional install, I imported my previous reWASD profiler saves (which were the same on all PCs) and added some new games. I then backed them all up. Then I imported them all to one of the 2 other builds. To do this, I made sure reWASD wasn't running, deleted all profiles in the following location, then copied and pasted all newly backed up from W10 professional build profiles (new and old) to the other W10 home build:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\

I then quickly tested every game again but on this W10 home build. To my surprise, none of the game profiles from the new games worked at all on the W10 home build. Note that the exact same games are installed on all my PCs, and the .exe files are exactly the same (most are even a 100% game install directory copy over) so the profile should have recognized the .exe being run and applied the profile automatically and worked. All my profiles have the default option of the config being applied on when the app is in focus. and of course the box is checked for "autodetect associated apps"

No matter what I tried below on the W10 home build, it didn't work:

I force applied the reWASD profile to run.
    I tried running reWASD as administrator.
    both versions of reWASD are running version 6.1.0 on the W10 home and W10 professional build.
    I alt tabbed in and out of the games after they're running to try and get them recognized as running by reWASD.
    I deleted all the reWASD profiles again under C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\ and repasted them there again, then restarted reWASD again.
    I restarted the PC multiple times.
    All profiles still work just fine on the W10 professional build
    The previously made game reWASD profiles I didn't modify on the W10 professional build (were copied over along with new game profiles) still work just fine on the W10 home build. So only the games I modified or created on the W10 professional build don't work on the W10 home build.

At this point, the only thing I can think of is ...if I have reWASD on a W10 professional build, mess with a profile, then put in on a W10 home build, does the different W10 version cause an incompatibility?

Any thoughts or direction on where to go?

Last edited by CyberCT; 25.04.2022, 20:56.

Hello!
    I understand correctly that the configs are applied manually, and the problem is only with the autodetect?

Do you have radar enabled for these configs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	названия.png
Views:	590
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	231726

Comment

Don't know how to explain this in details, the groupId and deviceId mismatch maybe ?

Comment

Hi,
        All my configs are set to auto detect the .exe and apply the reWASD profile once running. I have the radar enabled for all configs. I can't get reWASD to apply my configs to the profiles I modded on the W10 professional PC to the W10 home PC. They won't work manually or automatically.

I also edited the 1st post to hopefully make it sound a little clearer.

Comment

First I would like you to define "won't work manually or automatically". Are profiles and configs properly showing in reWASD and can be changed and applied manually? Are any differences in reWASD setting and devices available for remapping on those PCs.

Configs do not rely on an OS used and they work accordingly to the settings you have set in reWASD.

Make sure you have selected the correct device or group of devices before applying the config or enabling the Autodetect function and check the list of associated apps so they would have correct executable file(s) in it.

Making a backup of a config and then restoring it on another PC would not make reWASD select a fitting device for you nor will it restore settings related to Autodetect function.

Comment

Yes the profiles show up correctly in reWASD. Yes, the device (Xbox X controller) the only controller used for my profiles shows in reWASD. As explained above, other profiles in reWASD work just fine. It's only the profiles I made specifically first on the W10 professional build that don't work in game with the controller on the W10 home build.

Comment

You have mentioned having reWASD 6.1.0 on all of your PCs. The latest one would be 6.1.1. Can you try updating reWASD on all PCs and see if that would change anything.

Comment

If I don't have time during the week, I'm going to have time Friday to mess with it. I can have both PCs next to each other in the same room with 2 monitors so I can make sure the settings are the same on both installs.

Comment

The update seems to have fixed the problem. I also seem to have lost a key assignment in a profile that I backed up to the W10 home build. Oh well ... profiles work and I'm happy.

Comment

Great news, thank you for letting us know.

Not sure what has happened with the configs, as for we haven't changed anything from 6.1.0 to 6.1.1. I hope it won't reproduce again.

Comment

Working...
                    X