PS5 Controller not detected on Bluetooth , works on USB connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS5 Controller not detected on Bluetooth , works on USB connection

the program won't detect my PS5 controller on BlueTooth, it was detecting fine before but not anymore. I tried reinstalling rewasd and that didn't fix it. When I connect through USB it works fine.

Hello.
    1. Please clarify, after which the controller stopped being detected in reWASD?
    2. Is your controller detected on Windows when connected via Bluetooth? Connect your DualSense via BT, type joy.cpl in Windows search.
    Send a screenshot of how your gamepad is recognized in the opened tool.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hey, thank you for responding. I had trial for rewasd and when it expired I bought a key after i bought the key it stopped working. I have attached the screenshots you requested.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	bluetoooth devices.png
Views:	649
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	232058
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the information provided.
        For some reason, your DualSense is not recognized even on your system when connected via BT.
        However, your controller is in the list of connected Bluetooth devices.
        Try removing the Wireless Controller from the Bluetooth & other devices list and then pair your controller again.

Also try updating the controller firmware from this link.

Comment

I tried all those things. I even reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers. And the firmware is up to date.

Comment

Please send me the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
            1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
            2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
            3. Go to File → Save
            4. Send me the *.nfo file you get

Comment

this forum won't let me upload *nfo file. again thanks so much for helping.

Comment

Originally Posted by hobowho View Post
                this forum won't let me upload *nfo file. again thanks so much for helping.
                Upload it to some file hosting service and provide a link.

Comment

Thank you for the information provided.
                  I found traces of a third party remapping component on your system. It's called vigembus.
                  Most likely, it is this component that hides your controller from the system and from reWASD, respectively.

Remove vigembus driver using this tool.

Comment

I removed it and still having the same issue. I restarted my computer after removing it as well. I tried multiple controllers as well.

Comment

The problem may be related to your adapter, because your controller is not visible in joy.cpl despite the fact that the reWASD config is not applied. And when remap is disabled, reWASD doesn't affect your devices.
                      I forgot to check with you. Can you play with your DualSense connected via BT when reWASD is not running? Or games, like the system, do not detect it either?

Also, please send me an updated msinfo file after uninstalling the vigembus driver.

Comment

Steam doesn't detect it either, but it detects the same controller when connected using USB.

Comment

I no longer see traces of vigembus on your system.
                          However, the fact that Steam also doesn't detect your gamepad when connected via BT makes you more likely to think that the Bluetooth adapter or the port you plug the adapter into is defective.

As a test, you can even uninstall reWASD and see if that fixes the problem. If not, you should look for the reason in the Bluetooth connection (faulty controller or adapter).

Comment

Same problem here.
                            My pc's native bluetooth had a problem and I bought a Baseus bluetooth dongle. The Dual Sense control connects normally, including in joy.cpl it is identified as Wireless Controller. On Steam the dual Sense is also recognized, but on Rewasd, not. I noticed that the dongle doesn't work natively directly on windows 11 enabling it in Quick Settings -> Bluetooth, only in the taskbar through the new bluetooth icon that appeared after I connected this dongle.
                            I've tried everything, uninstalling bluetooth drivers, uninstalling rewasd and reinstalling and it doesn't solve because rewasd can't find the bluetooth dongle. What can I do to solve the problem?​

Comment

Working...
                            X