Stop an Input while its being held.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop an Input while its being held.

First off, I looked for an answer and couldn't find it, so if I missed it my apologies.

Let me explain what I am attempting to achieve.

On controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) while I am holding the left movement stick forward and I press a paddle that I have combo mapped, prior to the combo initiating I want the input from the left stick to stop as if I had left the stick go, but am actually still holding it forward... So it would stop my forward movement dead in its tracks before the combo quicker without me having to time the release of the left stick.

Is this possible?

Hello!

There is no way to stop the stick while the combo is working, but you can try to use Shift mode and stop the stick output while you press and hold your paddle.

Here is how it should be set up:

1. In Main configuration (Shift 0), map your paddle to Shift Jump (Hold mode) and add your Combo here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	4c379d0a21.png
Views:	294
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	232250

2. Inside the Shift 1, Mute your stick (on my screenshot, I have muted all the directions):

Click image for larger version

Name:	912e567bfa.png
Views:	232
Size:	717.7 KB
ID:	232251

I hope it could help! If you have other setup and I am missing something, please let me know.

Comment

That worked perfectly for what I wanted. Thanks for helping me understand the uses of the shift function.

Comment

Originally Posted by RatSnipe View Post
        That worked perfectly for what I wanted. Thanks for helping me understand the uses of the shift function.
        Same here lol. It was simple.

Comment

Originally Posted by RatSnipe View Post
          It was easy and doing it was fun.

Comment

The statement Stop an input while it's being held may evoke thoughts on interrupting continuous user input in a program or device. Individuals may consider user interface design, gaming controls, or responsiveness, reflecting on how to manage and control input actions effectively for a smoother interactive experience.

Comment

It worked flawlessly for my needs. Appreciate your assistance in clarifying the applications of the shift function.
              whatsapp aero atualizado
              Last edited by jeasesan; 22.03.2024, 16:26.

Comment

Working...
              X