Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REWASD Halo Infinite virtual controller ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REWASD Halo Infinite virtual controller ?

I finished a profile but had 1 question is there any way to increase the polling rate on the virtual controller? It seems to have a very very small amount of input lag I think. I notice when I shoot the battle rifle and get in gun battles against higher ranked players I loose because it feels like it shoots a millisecond slower. Is that possible or am I imagining this? Would selecting a different controller be better between the xbox 360, xbox one, DS4? Either way great software I love it, I attached a small video of me testing the profile out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rewasd.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	232394

Hello!
    The polling rate of the device is defined by the device manufacturer, and reWASD uses native values. For device security reasons, there is no possibility to change the polling rate in reWASD.

If you're using a keyboard and mouse, make sure all buttons are muted. I would also recommend choosing a virtual Xbox, as it is better optimized on a PC.

Comment

Yes okay thank you I understand. Yes everything is muted and working as it should. If I purchase the extra combo license how hard would it be to set? I wanted to jump and crouch at the same time with a small pause in between? Hopefully a few other things too. Is it just $7 extra? would that also enable the toggle option to shift off profile instead of having to hold down a button?

Comment

The combo feature will allow you to create macros for the button. You can buy it in your account using the Customize button.
        The toggle option is part of the Rapid fire feature.

Information about the functionality of each feature can be found here.

Comment

I have 1 last question and didn't want to make a new post so hopefully it gets answered here. When I activate the profile the game does recognize the virtual controller as a Xbox one controller but I get no aim assist in game. I have to physically plug in my controller after I activate the profile even though I'm not using it. I've attached a video showing it, you can see with just rewasd and the profile activated there is no aim assist until I plug in my controller.

Comment

Hello!
            Please specify the following:
            1. Do you have the Advanced mapping feature? This can be seen in the License section → Advanced mapping tab.
            2. It may be a chance that something is wrong with the device initialization. Please show me your group, like here:

Name:	cb2245abf0.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	232860

3. Please send your config.

Name:	Screenshot_8.png
Views:	655
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	232861

You can find your config by right-clicking on the profile name and open the file location.

Comment

Name:	rewasd group.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	232865

I did blacklist these because when I tried to use the detection on it they both showed keyboard.

Name:	rewasd bl.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	232866

I do have the advanced mapping feature.
              Attached Files

Comment

Please disable the physical controller, apply the config and check if the virtual controller works in Gamepad tester.

Also, try changing the virtual controller type to Xbox 360.

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	688
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	232869

Comment

changed to xbox 360 controller and unplugged physical controller you can see no aim assist. Then I plug in the physical controller and instantly I have aim assist

Comment

yes I checked in gamepad tester and everything shows up correctly and works correctly.

Comment

Aim assist is provided by games for controller players. Our virtual controller should be indistinguishable from the original one. Though the moment of connection might be important here.

Please try the following:
                      1. Make sure the game and its launcher are closed.
                      2. Disconnect all physical controllers from your PC.
                      3. [Apply] the config.
                      4. Start the game.
                      5. If this won't help, turn remap off and then back on in reWASD to "reconnect" our virtual controller and check again.

Comment

I have tried this over and over. I've tried xbox one, xbox 360, and ps controller all do nothing. I've tried starting rewasd first then launching game same results. I've tried using big picture mode with rewasd activated first. I've tried activating it when the game has started and deactivating closing rewasd reopening and activating same results. The only thing that works is activating rewasd first then pressing a few buttons till it recognizes it as controller then I have to physically plug in a xbox controller and I have to move the sticks, then I can use my mouse and key like I usually do and aim assist is on. I noticed that if I just plug in the controller and don't move the sticks I get no aim assist. I'm just a little bummed out because I love the program and love using but I had to purchase an actual xbox controller which was around $70 USD to get aim assist, when I was under the impression that this emulator should've just done it. I may be wrong but I'm quite certain I read I did not need an actual controller when really I did have to purchase one. I'm not complaining if this is the way it is fine just it was little misleading or maybe I made the mistake somewhere and we can fix this. If not okay then I will continue doing it the way I have been to get the aim assist, again just bummed out about buying a $70 controller that I'll never use. Plus now I need to pay another $14 to get combo and rapid fire, again not a problem just a small disclaimer or even like a warning may not work in some games would be nice to share with your consumers. Also I have uninstalled rewasd and re download to updated version 621.6209 this morning and tried everything again with the same results.....no aim assist at all.

Name:	snip.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	232882

Again I probably have done something incorrectly which is why I'm asking here and if so then of course it's my bad. If not maybe its something you guys can look into now that's it has been brought to your attention and can resolve it, or it can't be and small disclaimer *may not work with all games* would be nice. Maybe you do have a disclaimer somewhere and I missed, either way not big deal I'll continue using and still really love the program.

Comment

We will need some time to check what is happening in the game. Will get back to you in no longer than a few days.

Comment

Take your time no rush. I also believe halo was just recently updated maybe that could have changed things. Either way I'm in no hurry and I really really do appreciate how quickly you answer questions and help out. Thank you

Comment

Hello hiinhi!

After some research, we have discovered that aim assist in Halo works with some limitations. I assume the game developers are trying to make it available for the controller players only, and only for where no one uses keyboard and mouse as primary devices. That's unfortunate that the virtual gamepad from reWASD doesn't let you use aim assist without additional actions, but we are not sure if there is anything we should do from our side. If the game policy doesn't let you use it, then reWASD can't help in this case.

We will stay tuned for new game updates, as they seem change the behavior from time to time. If you notice anything new, please let us know.

it can't be and small disclaimer *may not work with all games* would be nice.
                              Thanks for noticing, we have updated the strings on the mentioned page. As for aim assist is an in-game feature, we can't guarantee that it will work for each particular game.

Comment

Working...
                              X