Nothing is Applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing is Applied

Everything had been working fine for both of the profiles I have created, but lately I have been having problems with Apply not working. I have tried both profiles and they both fail to apply. I had it working the other day, after it not working, but I wasn't sure what I did to get it to finally work. Today, I can't seem to get it to work no matter what I try. I did just update to the latest version today (6.2.1). I am using an Azeron and a G903 mouse. I have a hardware group of the Azeron and the mouse with both wired and wireless variants in the group.

I open reWASD, select the profile, and hit Apply. The Apply button responds (it flashes once), but in the lower left, the box there still says "Nothing is applied"

I have tried plugging in the mouse, and unplugging the mouse. I have tried loading the Azeron software. The Azeron and the mouse are both in "On-board Memory" modes, and have basic profiles loaded there. I *think* the other day it may have been that I tried changing the Virtual Controller Settings to "Xbox 360," but that didn't work, so I changed it back to "Xbox One" and then it worked. Today I tried changing it to 360 and back to One, but no luck. I can't think of anything else to try to get it to work. I otherwise I have not changed anything about the profiles that I can think of.

Any ideas?

Hi, and sorry, I can't edit my post until it's approved, but wanted to add this:

EDIT:

I closed out reWASD, then tried loading it again while watching this list. It populated once with the XINPUT device, but still Nothing is applied. I tried again, and it added another iteration of the same device. Still Nothing is applied. Etc.

Previously, I had seen a similar thing going on, but didn't notice it while populating (only after). But it was Azeron device being listed, not XINPUT. Any clues there?

Click image for larger version

Name:	GameControllers.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	232484

Comment

Hi,

I rebooted my PC again, and this time when I launched reWASD, rather than making me select the profile, it loaded it automatically. Also, instead of saying "Nothing is applied" in the lower left, this time it said "Remap is OFF". So I was able to now click that Remap button, and it changed to "Remap is ON" and everything was working fine. Any idea what might be the difference between these scenarios? I can't think of a single thing.

Comment

Some of the data files we use when remapping might have been corrupted at the moment. In those cases, we recommend using the [Clear data] button at [Preferences > General].

Please make sure these two folders exist and they have read/write permissions for your user (try to copy a small file to and from there):
        C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD\
        C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\

Comment

I confirmed that I have those folders and that I can copy to/from both of them. I also cleared the data and it does seem to be working fine now. Thanks!

Comment

I had to clear data again today. Is there anything I can do on my end to prevent this potential file corruption from happening?

Comment

Hello! Please try installing this reWASD build and let us know if it fixes the issue.

Comment

So far so good! I'll keep an eye on it and update here.

Comment

A few days later, and this version is still working consistently. It also handles switching my mouse from wired to wireless and vice versa very well.

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

I'm having a similar problem, but slightly different. I posted in another thread... my bindings are shifting - meaning after I set them up and use them for a bit they wander over to different buttons. For instance, Azeron button 4 is mapped to keypress '5', but then later it will be mapped to keypress '4', and many other buttons have this happen as well, including wasd thumbstick. How do I fix this?

Comment

Originally Posted by cibacrome View Post
                        I'm having a similar problem, but slightly different. I posted in another thread... my bindings are shifting - meaning after I set them up and use them for a bit they wander over to different buttons. For instance, Azeron button 4 is mapped to keypress '5', but then later it will be mapped to keypress '4', and many other buttons have this happen as well, including wasd thumbstick. How do I fix this?
                        Please check the answer in your thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X