Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controller does not register inputs after reconnected (after being turned off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

In order to get a clean system, it is not necessary to look for another PC.
    To do this, just perform a clean [...]
    Here's the log zip folder with two files inside: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xpw...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Thank you! We will check with the team and get back to you asap!

Comment

Hey there, thank you for the log file.

As I can see, the controller indeed doesn't respond on our commands, as it seems to be hidden. Have you tried to remove hidhide driver? There is no way to just disable it, as for it is a driver that was created to hide the devices, you should try to remove it fully, restart your PC and then try again.

As for the gyro, the log confirms what you describe. The gyro senser is not calibrated, that's why it either may be ignored by reWASD or will not be smooth. Please try to re-pair your controller and leave it steady on the desk for a few moments. Usually, this way, the sensor should be calibrated by itself.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
          Hey there, thank you for the log file.

As I can see, the controller indeed doesn't respond on our commands, as it seems to be hidden. Have you tried to remove hidhide driver?
          Hi! I'm sending you a link to a Google Drive folder with new log files after I've uninstalled HidHide and ViGemBusDriver, with two videos showing my programs list without HidHide and ViGem and the same main problem happening again after I've uninstalled those two programs.
          After my controller is turned off and on again, ReWASD won't pick any commands, but as soon as I open an emulator like Yuzu or Cemu and start tapping the buttons, suddenly ReWASD starts to pick those commands, but gyro stays off until I restart Windows. The same happens with joy.cpl, it doesn't respond to commands until I start using an emulator.
          Gyro does work on Cemu and very precisely, but ReWASD won't even show the gyro settings or icon.

Comment

As far as we know, Cemu does not have native support for Nintendo Switch Pro, so either you still have some 3rd party remapper or driver installed on your system or your controller works in some other non-Switch mode at that moment.

Given that this controller is quite complex, I'm afraid we won't be able to figure out the issue without having the controller on our hands.

Our suggestions at this point are to find and remove all 3rd party drivers and remappers from your system, and make sure your controller always works in Switch mode.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
              As far as we know, Cemu does not have native support for Nintendo Switch Pro, so either you still have some 3rd [...]
              Cemu does have support for Switch Pro controllers. My 8Bitdo SN30Pro also works well with it. CemuHook files are on Cemu folder as well.
              There are no other remappers drivers installed. ViGemBusDriver and HidHide were the only ones. Without them XOutput and x360ce don't work and they are portable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-07-13 18_02_33-Greenshot.png
Views:	410
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	232954
              Last edited by WilliamTael; 13.07.2022, 22:04.

Comment

Surprising info about Cemu, my original Switch Pro doesn't seem to work with it, need to check again.

At the moment, we are not sure what may go wrong without being able to test the controller. We will purchase it and will get back to you after the research. Stay tuned for the updates!

Comment

Surprising info about Cemu, my original Switch Pro doesn't seem to work with it, need to check again.

At the moment, we are not sure what may go wrong without being able to test the controller. We will purchase it and will get back to you after the research. Stay tuned for the updates!

You guys are awesome. I also contacted Gulikit via e-mail and told them about this problem. So, if it's their fault I hope they will fix it.
                  But the thing with the gyro precision is still off, it kinda stutters while moving fast (not crazy fast), but works very well with Cemu and Steam.
                  I always leave my controller straight on the desk before the game menu shows up, so it's not a calibration problem.
                  Maybe it has something to do with the advanced settings for gyro on ReWASD, but I've tried changing things there and it doesn't do any better.
                  I think this gyro precision problem is actually more important than the main problem on this post, since to avoid the main problem I just need to avoid letting the controller turning off, but the gyro precision is always wonky on ReWASD.

Comment

Have you tried to calibrate gyro manually in reWASD? Please check the manual here.
                    Also, which mappings do you have on your gyro? Is it DS4 gyro or do you have mouse or stick there?

Comment

Have you tried to calibrate gyro manually in reWASD? Please check the manual here.
                      Also, which mappings do you have on your gyro? Is it DS4 gyro or do you have mouse or stick there?
                      Just tried manually calibrating the gyro through ReWASD and it makes no difference. I've noticed when I was trying make small circle movements with the gyro on the game (Horizon Zero Dawn), using ReWASD, it seems that the gyro is magnetically "stutter-sticking" (I don't know a word for it in English) to some big invisible squares, but when I use Steam to simulate mouse through gyro, the movement is much more precise, like those square became pixels.

I'm using ReWASD to simulate mouse on gyro, not flick-stick. I do the same for steam when I'm not using ReWASD, and yes, I completely close one before using the other and I've tested just one at each Windows restart. Steam is not set to launch at startup, nor ReWASD either. I'm also using mouse simulation on the right stick (same for Steam).
                      I don't know what you mean by "DS4 gyro", sorry. I'm not using DS4Windows program either.

Comment

Got it, thank you. For mouse mappings, please check Smoothing option and try to minimize the deadzone (could be adjusted in Advanced settings). Also, please try to change Sensitivity.

I don't know what you mean by "DS4 gyro", sorry.
                        I meant the emulation of the gyroscope of the virtual DS4 controller, which is supported by emulators. In this case, there are no additional settings, just the gyro from the physical gamepad is translated to the DS4 gyro.

Comment

Got it, thank you. For mouse mappings, please check Smoothing option and try to minimize the deadzone (could be adjusted in Advanced settings). Also, please try to change Sensitivity.
                          I've tried raising the sensitivity, raising and lowering smoothing and reducing the deadzone, but it makes no difference on that magnetic stutter-sticking.
                          No, I'm not using any emulation of gyro, just Steam with Switch Pro Controller support enabled.

Comment

Hey there! We have got the device and research it at the moment. Looks like many things differ a lot in comparison with the original Switch Pro. The gyro is 3 times more sensitive! At the moment I could not promise anything about it, still hope we will be able to find the workarounds.

You have mentioned that you are contacting the manufacturer, have you got any answer?

Comment

Hey there! We have got the device and research it at the moment. Looks like many things differ a lot in comparison with the original Switch Pro. The gyro is 3 times more sensitive! At the moment I could not promise anything about it, still hope we will be able to find the workarounds.

You have mentioned that you are contacting the manufacturer, have you got any answer?

Nice to know! This controller has settings for gyro sensitivity on its PDF manual. I suggest disabling the ZL gyro activator function.
                              The company didn't return to me on that matter. I'll ask them again.

Comment

[QUOTE=reWASDer;n233051[/QUOTE]

Have you tried using the mouse on gyro setting on Steam or Cemu?

Comment

Working...
                                X