Xbox LED settings does not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox LED settings does not apply

When i turn on the controller the LED is always at 100% brightness, and stays this way until i click two times on reWASD icon on taskbar, or open the app.

Hello. Could you clarify a few details?

1. The exact model of your controller
    2. Type of connection
    3. Send a screenshot from → LED settings.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

1. Xbox Series X controller, firmware 5.13
      2. Type of connection: Xbox Wireless Adapter
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-07-18.png
Views:	595
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	233009

Comment

Hello
        Try to replug the device, open Preferences — General, and click Clear data.
        If these steps don't solve the issue with LED, please provide us with logs. files. The detailed guide on how to collect the logs is here.
        Thank you in advance!

Comment

Also, please clarify whether the LED problem appears when the config is applied or not?

Comment

Clear data and replug device didn't solve the issue. Yes the config is applied when i manually launch the program.

After some testing, only the "Solid Glow" option does not apply automatically. When i select "Shimmer" then it works as intended.

Attached Files

Comment

Hey there!

If the config is applied, then we may need more screenshots for the LED settings:

1. In Preferences, there is Common LED (Remap) section which defines which LED effect will work if the config is applied to some slot. It may be a chance that this one is set to 100% as it is by default.

2. The config itself may include the LED data. Please check if you have something non-default there:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7cfb6bee55.png
Views:	624
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	233018

Comment

I don't have any remap or config settings. Maybe its my wireless adapter that's not good. But its all too much work only to make a LED dim. I'll go back to bluetooth + electrical tape combo. I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't let us officially adjust the led lol.

Comment

With Bluetooth connection, there is no way to adjust the LED at all

As for the adapter, if LED settings are set to default in the config, then Common LED (Remap) section should show the level of brightness you get once the config is applied to the chosen Slot.

Comment

What i do to avoid this bug i set the LED to Shimmer and disable loop. So i turn on controller the led Shimmer one time and turn off.

But i still think program is bugged since Solid Glow option does not apply automatically - i've checked every option.

Comment

Originally Posted by dragon1800 View Post
                      What i do to avoid this bug i set the LED to Shimmer and disable loop. So i turn on controller the led Shimmer one time and turn off.

But i still think program is bugged since Solid Glow option does not apply automatically - i've checked every option.
                      According to what I see in the log, reWASD sets the LED to dim light. If you use Solid glow mode, then we send this command only once. If you use Shimmer mode, then we will send different commands all the time the condition is met (remap is ON, controller is connected). It seems that after reWASD sets its color, something else interrupts us and sends additional 100% color. This may explain why the behavior differs.

Do you use Steam? Please check if you have enabled Xbox Extended Feature Support there and if yes, uncheck it and restart your PC. Then try to Clear data in reWASD and set the preferable colors and try again.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                        Do you use Steam? Please check if you have enabled Xbox Extended Feature Support there and if yes, uncheck it and restart your PC. Then try to Clear data in reWASD and set the preferable colors and try again.
                        This option is disabled on Steam. And I tried to connect controller with cable too. Still the same thing

Comment

I've tried to check the same case, but never got any issue. Will try to reproduce the same behavior from our side. Will let you know once we have any news.

Could you please specify which OS version you use?

Comment

Windows 11

Comment

Hello dragon1800!

I would kindly ask you to check the newly released reWASD 6.3 — it includes fixes for LEDs, hope it will be sorted out now

Comment

Working...
                              X