Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controller Disconnects Under Certain Conditions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller Disconnects Under Certain Conditions!

Not sure if it’s an issue on reWASD’s part, but on certain games my controller will disconnect. This occurs when my headset is plugged directly into the controller (Xbox Series) via headset adapter.

Certain games this occurs in are: PowerWash Simulator, Paladins, and Among Us. When I completely close reWASD and play them, my controller functions normally, but with it enabled, it causes issues.

It’s not a big deal for me, but I thought I’d mention it, since it could technically be an issue/bug. If you need more information on this subject, I’m happy to provide it. If this isn’t reWASD’s fault or if it’s irrelevant, I apologize for wasting your time.

Hello!
    reWASD should not affect your devices if remap is disabled (even if the app is running).
    Try to keep reWASD open, but don't plug in a headset. Will the controller also turn off?
    Also, please tell me, what type of connection do you use and does the controller disappear from the system during these disconnects?

Thanks for the details.

Comment

1. It disconnects when remap is on (only while in-game)
      2. It’s a wired connection.
      3. I tested out a few things. The controller by itself is fine, controller + headset is fine, controller + headset adapter + headset = disconnect for some games.
      4. When the controller disconnects, reWASD detects it’s been disconnected, and turns remap off. The PC still detects the controller, but is unresponsive for a brief moment.

Comment

It looks like the adapter is the problem.
        Please check power management setting:Open [Device Manager] (right-click on the Start button for option to appear).
        1. Set the [View] to [Devices by container].
        2. Find your controller.
        3. Check your Xbox controller for a [Power Management] tab and disable [Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power] option there.
        Try the same for your headset adapter, if possible.
        After that, you might need to restart your PC once.

Comment

I’m still having the issue.

I was able to disable [Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power] for the controller, but the option doesn’t appear for anything else. When I turn remap on, my controller changes from Xbox Controller to Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device, and there isn’t a Power Management option for it in Device Management.

Comment

I tried a different Xbox controller and had the same result. I then plugged in my Xbox Elite 2 controller and didn’t have any issue.

Comment

Hello
              There was one thing missing in the steps above. You should change the view by connection, then find your controller and go to the dongle (adapter) and disable the [Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power] option there. Please check each device you see in the tree to find all ones that have Power Management tab.
              I have attached screenshots. It might help you as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

I did everything you guys said above and I still have the issue.

Comment

You can try the following:
                  1. Disable this option in reWASD :

2. Apply the config
                  3. Enter joy.cpl in Windows search and select the virtual controller сreated by reWASD as the preferred device.

Comment

Working...
                  X