Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtual Controller keeps looping "connecting, connected" Loop for Nintendo Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Controller keeps looping "connecting, connected" Loop for Nintendo Switch

I've tried clearing the data and clean reinstalling and it still hasn't fixed the problem. I've tried using the default Nintendo Switch virtual controller profile using both a keyboard and an xbox series XS controller. How do I fix this?

Hey there!
    Do you mean connecting an external virtual Switch Pro to the console?

Make sure you follow these steps exactly.
    Also check this troubleshoots guide. This video shows it more clearly.

If you did everything right, but the connection still fails, specify which model of Bluetooth adapter you are using?

Comment

Hello, yes, I am talking about connecting an external virtual Switch Pro controller to the console. I have an Intel Wireless bluetooth adapter, preinstalled in my laptop Nitro AN515-45. I have attached a link to a video of the problem. https://youtu.be/6yATAXdFQ6g

Comment

Could you walk through all the steps in the guides (including creating an adapter in reWASD) that I listed in my last post?
        In case you have done this and the problem persists, we will need you to collect logs for us:
        1. Run reWASD as administrator
        2. Open Preferences — General, and make sure you chose Standard logging with GUI/Agent logs
        3. Press Start log, and you will see a following message:

4. Follow the instructions: press Yes, and reWASD will restart. Once that is done, reproduce the steps that lead to the issue (Log until you get a connection problem).
        5. When finished, get back to Preferences — General, and click Stop log. You will see this message:

6. Click Open file location, find the *.txt file(s) that were created the last, and send them to our support team. You can add them to an archive if you wish.

In case you have completed the steps above, but accidentally clicked Restart now instead of Open file location, you can still find the *.txt file(s) with logs using this path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs.

Comment

Sorry to mention that I already tried the guides and watched the video before creating this subtopic on the forums. I created the log files, but how do I contact the support team.

Comment

You have already contacted the support team
            You can upload the archive with logs to a file hosting service and provide a link.

Comment

Okay thanks! Here is the logs. I wasn't sure which log txt to give since they all have the same date. https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...fy?usp=sharing

Comment

Please give access.

Comment

The permissions are changed.

Comment

Thanks for the provided logs.
                    Our team will check them, and we will contact you as soon as there is news, or if we need more information.

Comment

Everything is fine with the logs, so it is likely that the issue is in your Bluetooth adapter.
                      In case you have another adapter - try it.
                      In general, for such a connection, it is recommended to use adapters with a Broadcom chip.

Comment

Okay, thanks. I’ll get check out the Asus BT. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t work. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

You're welcome

We hope that replacing the adapter will solve the issue.

Comment

Hello again. I bought the ASUS BT500 and downloaded the newest drivers for it. Now it seems the nintendo switch won't even recognize it. How do I fix this?

Comment

Please double-check that the sequence is correct when creating the External Device.
                              Also go through the troubleshooting guide again.

If that doesn't help, collect the logs from the steps in our answer above with a new adapter.

The only clarification - when logging, in addition to GUI/Agent logs, also check Service/Driver logs.

Comment

Working...
                              X