No announcement yet.

Mini Guide on how to setup Virtual DS3 for RPCS3 and PCSX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what you mean now. The reason why you don't see "USB input device" for our virtual DS3 is because it is hidden from Device Manager by default (as a safety measure).
    Sorry for confusion. To see it open Device Manager and select View->Show hidden devices. And then also View->Devices by connection.
    There you can find 'Game Controller Mapper' device - it is main bus device reWASD uses to create virtual devices. Now, expand the tree below it and you will see 'USB Input Device' with 'HID-compliant game controller' below it. This is what you need. Now right click on this 'USB Input Device' and select 'Update driver'.
    Normally, when you apply new profile in reWASD with virtual DS3, sixaxis is installed for it automatically (if it is already present on system).
    But if this is not the case (eg. if some other software tried to install own driver) the above procedure should fix it.
    You can also try to select 'Uninstall device' option - this will remove 3rd party driver for it explicitly. Now set REMAP OFF in reWASD and again ON so virtual device will be recreated. Normally it should pick sixaxis then too, unless you have of course some other 3rd party drivers, which can interfere.

Comment

Thank you! I did have still 3rd party drivers, residues from SCPToolkit. I had to follow a guide on how to fully remove it and now I can correctly see the sixaxis driver on the virtual ds3. Now, is there a way to use the DS3's gyro in Yuzu? I know with DS4Windows it's possible through UDP, but reWASD can't send UDP with virtual DS3.

Comment

It is generally impossible to map DS3 gyro to DS4/Switch Pro because it basically has 'none': gyroscope in DS3 is represented by just one low resolution Z-axis (yaw), so no pitch or roll. We can map just 3 axis of accelerometer only (for tilt, shakes etc), but note that accelerometer in DS3 has very low resolution and lot inferior to one in DS4 or Switch Pro. The experience would be subpar.
        In theory, it is even possible to generate missing pitch/roll axis for DS4 based just on accelerometer changes in software, but such "gyro" will be hardly acceptable for normal use - it will be very jerky and unstable. It is always easy to emulate bad device from good one (eg. map DS4/Switch Pro to DS3) but reverse operation is hardly possible without some compromises.​

Comment

If you plan to use Yuzu, why do you create virtual DS3?

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
            Hello! Thanks for the detailed post.
            In the next update 6.3.1, we will add support for the Z-axis gyroscope (yaw) and accelerometer from the physical DS3 to Virtual DS3. We hope this will please you.​
            i want this so bad

Comment

Working...
            X