Odd Issue with Parsec / Joycons / BetterJoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Issue with Parsec / Joycons / BetterJoy

Hey all - i have been struggling with an odd issue that has come up in the last few months that i cannot resolve.

Long story short, i have joycons that i sync to my Windows PC that are consistently triggering another virtual controller that i have when i use Parsec to remotely play games on my PC from my cell phone. I use Betterjoy so that the gyro in the joycons can be used as wiimotes in Dolphin, and I also have betterjoy show the joycons as a single virtual x360 controller so other emulators can use the joycons as a regular controller and it all works great, but i find that the joycons keep triggering the parsec virtual controller as if i'm also using that controller. The controller doesn't show up in joy.cpl unless i'm actually using Parsec, but it still messes with the controller order and makes the joycons look like controller 2 in emulators on occasion. If i choose to not show the controllers as xbox in betterjoy this doesn't happen, however then i lose the ability to use the Gyro from the joycons inside of Yuzu when i play switch games since Parsec cannot pass the gyro controls through a virtual xbox controller like Betterjoy does (not that i can see anyway).

I can't really get my head around it, I'm guessing that because parsec and betterjoy allow the controller you are using with it to look like an Xbox 360 controller, reWASD is getting confused even though everything has distinctly different device IDs. I'm happy to upload any logs that may be necessary to track this down, I did enable logging in reWASD but looking at them i can't really tell why the joycons keep triggering the parsec controller. I was looking for a way to maybe just 'erase' the parsec controller from reWASD and start from scratch by re-adding it, but i cannot find a way to do that, i can only blacklist the parsec virtual controller and no matter what if i unblock it this issue occurs again.

Thanks for any help on this!

Hello there!
    I'm trying to understand the setup you have, and I'd need your help here. When you described how you use Joy Cons with emulators in the first paragraph, I didn't see any reWASD mentions there, so I assumed that you don't use reWASD currently. Then you mention that you do use reWASD, so I am confused: where is reWASD in this whole setup?

At the same time, I wanted to offer you to use reWASD exclusively, both with Parsec and emulators (meaning, probably replacing Betterjoy):
    • reWASD fully supports Joy-Cons, and you can remap them to be one controller of your choice (Xbox 360, Xbox One, DS4, DS3 or Switch Pro)
    • With DS4 option, you can use UDP protocol to send raw gyro data to emulators, which could be useful in your case
    • In case you want to have different setups for different emulators, you can use Autodetect so the configs would apply automatically when the emulator window is in focus (this wouldn't work per-game in an emulator, unfortunately)
    • We had numerous reports that using reWASD with Parsec was easier than other options too
    And could you also specify, what exactly would you like to fix, or which behavior would you like to track? So far I understood that Joy-Cons are triggering the Parsec controller, but where? Adding Parsec controller to Blocklist will hide it from reWASD UI, but it will still be present in the system.
    Also, what would help tremendously, is describing the steps that lead to the issue. Along with showing / describing what happens in joy.cpl and reWASD. So basically right now I have more questions than answers, but I believe we can work this out!

edit: minor typos and links

Comment

Hey Master of Configs - sorry about the delay! Thank you for digging into this first off.

My controller setup is semi complicated, so for now I will just say that I unfortunately cannot use the DS4 option in ReWASD given how every other controller i use is set to an Xbox 360 controller, and this greatly simplifies my controller setup as i go from controller to controller, from emulator to emulator, to Steam and etc. I have a lot of controllers, it really helps that they all 'look' like Xbox 360 controllers.

What i am trying to solve is simply this: my parsec virtual controller is being 'turned on' in ReWASD anytime the joycons get turned on, below is a pic that hopefully will break down what happens:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parsec REWASD.png
Views:	676
Size:	573.4 KB
ID:	234117

This in turn makes Windows think that my joycons are controller Forum more times than not. Let me know if that makes sense. I'm happy to provide more info / pics as necessary, i just didn't want to go too deep for now and make this more confusing than it already is I do know that BetterJoy is influencing this, but i have to use BetterJoy because it can pass the Gyro controls in Yuzu while still appearing to be an "Xbox 360 controller"; i have not been able to do that with ReWASD (Yuzu will see the controller as Xbox 360, but will not accept Gyro input).

Thanks!

Comment

reWASD will "turn on a controller" when disconnected device that had a config applied to it gets reconnected.

If you don't want to remap Parsec controller with reWASD, simply turn remap off for it.

You probably should re-check your setup and look why Parsec adds a virtual controller every time you connect or remap your Joycons.

Comment

Working...
        X