Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Layer Not Stopping Main Layer's Button Assignment

Hello,

I could be doing something incorrectly but I need the d-pad to use the assignments I give in the main layer (which mutes native functions), but when in shift 1 layer it has its native function. When I attempted to do this, even though I got a notification that I was now in Shift Layer 1 (is there anyway to turn that off btw?), pressing up on the d-pad still resulted in it behaving as if I was in the main layer. The type of shift I went with was toggle.

Thank you

EDIT: Uploaded Attachment of Config
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TONSofLazyGaming; 21.11.2022, 21:42.

Please upload the config file for a check via the [Upload Attachments] button.

You can find the file by right-clicking on the config name at the top left corner of the app and selecting the [Open file location] option.

Comment

Done, and thank you.

Comment

The config seems to be working the way it was set up. You can check that at the Gamepad Tester site.

You have only left and right D-Pad directions remapped to themselves on Shift#1, leaving up and down directions to use the mappings from the main Shift.
        If you want for D-Pad to work as is on Shift#1, you should remap all of its buttons to [Do not inherit].

You can disable notifications at Preferences > Overlay.

Comment

So if I understand you correctly, in order for me to get the D-pad to use my custom assignments for the main layer but for Shift 1 layer use the game's default native D-pad assignments, I have to use "Do Not Inherit" on the d-pad buttons for Shift 1 Layer?

Comment

Hello! Yes, then in the Layer they will have native values.

Comment

Thank you both for your help so far but I am getting a bit confused. So now I've moved the shift jump to the guide button. When held down it should quick save (press F5) and when simply pressed it should go to shift 1 layer. It is taking two button presses to go switch between layers. Also, on the Shift 1 Layer, I can't remove the save function from it without it removing it from the Main Layer as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by TONSofLazyGaming View Post
                So now I've moved the shift jump to the guide button. When held down it should quick save (press F5) and when simply pressed it should go to shift 1 layer. It is taking two button presses to go switch between layers.
                This doesn't seem to be right. We will investigate this with the team.

Originally Posted by TONSofLazyGaming View Post
                Also, on the Shift 1 Layer, I can't remove the save function from it without it removing it from the Main Layer as well.
                This one is the limitation of a [Shift] system. A key used as a Shift jumper will have the same mappings on both shifts.

Comment

Okay. Thank you. I appreciate your time and your patience.

Comment

Working...
                  X