Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to disable Y-Axis on an analog stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable Y-Axis on an analog stick?

The "mute" option on an analog stick does apply to all directions / axis simultaneously. Is there a way to disable this behavior somehow? Alternative I can try to configure the thumbtack via the advanced settings. However that's my current issue.

So basically what I'm aiming to achieve is to create a profile where the left analog stick will only register input on the x-axis, any y-axis input should be ignored. Currently I fail to understand how this can be achieved and therefore opened this thread to get some guidance.

Thank you in advance.

Best regard, KB

Hello.

Apply Mute to all stick directions, and then manually add mappings for left stick deflection to the left and right respectively, without adding mappings for the Y axis.​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	364
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	234734

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. This is how it suppose to work but it doesn't. It looks like I found a bug in reWASD. I just updated to the latest version and the results are the same.

- In my case I tested two different DualShock 4 controllers with both as PS and as Xbox configurations.
      - The approach work on the right analog stick, but it doesn't with the left one.
      - Game Controllers utility from Windows does not recognize any input from the left analog stick as soon as it's marked as muted.
      - No remapping of the left analog stick seems to be recognized, not even if it's set to a specific button (not even as a keyboard key).

I'd love to see this fixed sooner than later.

How can this thread be forwarded to the devs as a bug report?

Comment

Hello! When Mute is applied to a stick, its native input is muted. If no other mappings have been applied to it, then it will not be recognized.
        If mappings are applied, but it is still not recognized, then please send a screenshot of your config and record the problem on video if possible.​​

Comment

The issue is resolved. It seems that an older modified profile had some quirk in in which led to this behavior. I don't know what it was. A brand new profile works as expected. Thank you all.

Comment

We are always glad to help!

Comment

Working...
            X