coflict Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coflict Problem

so there is some kind of conflict problem, when rewasd is active and i open a game via steam the controller just dont work at all NOTHING!, if i switch to a config that is blank in rewasd, the controller then works but my back paddles no longer work, not all games pick up the paddles via steams input im completely confused by this

I recommend disabling controller support in Steam, and Xbox Extended feature support, as this may interfere with the correct operation of the reWASD config

Comment

and the some games dont even pick up the controller at all

Comment

also 1. this never use to be an issue whats changed ? 2. if i use the steam controller support why do the back paddles not work at all, even if they are programed in ?

Comment

Please check whether it works well via joy.cpl. Open Windows search (by pressing Win keyboard button, for example), enter joy.cpl and press Enter. Here you have all the controllers that are currently connected to your PC. One of them is a virtual controller emulated by reWASD

Comment

yes, the REWASD setting profile config says it a bluetooth XINPUT-compatibble device controller and switching to a blank config says its a controller (xbox one for windows) and both are registering even with a game open

Comment

If the system sees reWASD virtual controller correctly, it's most likely a game issue. The system sees the virtual Xbox controller and sends input directly to the game. Probably, you should check the game settings

Comment

this aint right man it never use to be like this i use to be able to program the back paddles on REWASD and still play games fine via steam, no issue what has changed ? now its nothing but problems

Comment

1. Apply the config. Open gamepad tester and check if the mappings work
                  2. Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
                  I need the corresponding *.rewasd file.​

Comment

yeah all configs and non set configs work in gamepad tester, the reason i know this is cause there is no configs on 2 of the profiles on my elite 2 so slot 1 and slot 2 have configs in rewasd and slot 3 and slot 4 do not have configs in rewasd they are blank and when i turn off rewased remap slot 1 and 2 work on steam fine but then i have no configs for back paddles now soo . . . not really a solve
                    Attached Files

Comment

If non-empty configurations work fine in the tester, then there is no problem on the reWASD side and this is most likely a conflict with the Steam remapper.
                      As we recommended earlier, disable controller support in Steam so that only our mappings work in the system. If at the same time the game does not detect the gamepad at all, we are unlikely to be able to help.

This is one of the tricks of Steam – providing controller support in games that do not natively have it.​

Comment

Working...
                      X