Warzone 2.0 - add a new layer for easy looting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warzone 2.0 - add a new layer for easy looting

Hello, I have benn using a config that was here for WZ1 like a year ago or so. I have modified it a little, but I don't really know how to config a new working layer.

Basically, everytime I hit the "loot menu" (it could be my backpack, or lootig an enemie) it is super difficult to move arround because you have to use the "arrows pad" which in keyboard is all messed up, Tab is down, F is up, B is left, 3 is right, to match normal KnM behavior.

I would like to "hold" my 5th mouse button to add a new layer that swicthes "up, down, left and right" to W, A, S, D which is more intuitive to move arround in a menu, and when release it goes back to normal (left joystick) so I can move arround again. Is this possible?

PD: also everytime I have someone down and try to meele to kill it, is inconsistent. Sometimes it meele, then shoots, then meele again when clic/press multiple times.

Sorry for the bad english and thank you very much for the help.
    Attached Files

Hey there!
    I modified your config. Your keyboard WASD will now work as a controller's D-pad when you hold down Mouse 5 (X1).
    I hope this is exactly what you asked for.​
    Attached Files

Comment

heeey! thank you very much!! I could not check this earlier because I sliced my right hand index finger and now I can't play, they got me stiches and all that pretty stuff, so no warzone for me in 2 weeks =(
      I really apreciate your help!!

Comment

Originally Posted by oooooIEC View Post
        heeey! thank you very much!! I could not check this earlier because I sliced my right hand index finger and now I can't play, they got me stiches and all that pretty stuff, so no warzone for me in 2 weeks =(
        I really apreciate your help!!
        Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Comment

Thanks again! I managed to try it but it didn't work. I mean I hold the mouse button but everything works like normal.

Comment

In the config provided by 1ncorrect, this (X1) button is set as a Shift#3 layer switch. You have to hold it for WASD keys to act as D-Pad buttons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mouse 5.png
Views:	598
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	235211

Please make sure the mouse's native software does not remap it. Or set the resulting key as a Shift#3 switch in the [Additional mouse buttons] list.

Comment

Yes, I hold it and it doesn't work, in fact it meeles and set a mark point at the same time. Do I need to purchase a license for it to work? I'm pretty sure I bought all the licenses I need

Comment

According to the config, that button is also remapped to the [R3]. Otherwise, the config works as it should - when [X1] is held, the WASD are remapped to D-Pad buttons.

Check your group of devices, as it is possible that you have the wrong mouse device in it or your mouse is initialized as a keyboard in reWASD. Check case #24 here for details.

Comment

You are right, thank you very much, it said keyboard. Evrytime I tried to edit the file it took me to the rapid fire license thing. Now that I changed it to my mouse is working Great!
                  Now I'm having trouble droping things because you have to use R3 and that button is binded to R3 too, is it posible to change it to the X2 button on my mouse instead of X1

Comment

Yes, it is possible:
                    • [X2] button should be remapped to [Square] in that config, so change it to [R3].
                    • Then select the [X1] button, click [Shift mode], and remove the [R3] mapping with the [X].
                    I also suggest checking these articles:

Comment

Working...
                    X