Keyboard and Mouse not being detected as controller after applying settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard and Mouse not being detected as controller after applying settings

Hi, As the title says, my keyboard and mouse group doesn't seem to be detected as a controller when I press the Apply button. I want to use my keyboard and mouse to play PS4 Remote Play on PC and I can't get it to work, any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KaYouBy; 16.01.2023, 14:48.

Hello! Try clearing the data. Open Preferences → General → Clear data. Confirm the action and wait for the GUI to restart. Initialize devices, group them and apply config.
    Also try this config.
    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled11.png
Views:	1758
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	235226
      Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
      Hello! Try clearing the data. Open Preferences → General → Clear data. Confirm the action and wait for the GUI to restart. Initialize devices, group them and apply config.
      Also try this config.
      Hi. Thank you for replying. I tried clearing the data and applying your config but the system still won't recognize the KB/mouse as a DS4. By the way, only the virtual DS4 doesn't work, other virtual controller type works fine when I switch to them. (even the DS3 works fine)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by KaYouBy; 16.01.2023, 14:45.

Comment

Do you mean that the controller appears in joy.cpl if you choose Xbox or DS3?

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
          Do you mean that the controller appears in joy.cpl if you choose Xbox or DS3?
          Yes. And upon checking, it seems this is also the case if I connect another actual controller {like procon or xbox 360 controller) then switch them into virtual DS4 in which they can't be recognized by the system.

Comment

Most likely you have some 3rd party software installed then. And it hides DS4 devices from system. Look for HIDGuard or similar software and uninstall it.

Comment

Originally Posted by DevX View Post
              Most likely you have some 3rd party software installed then. And it hides DS4 devices from system. Look for HIDGuard or similar software and uninstall it.
              I tried resetting my Windows to factory settings and still can't get the virtual DS4 to be recognized by my system. I connected an actual DS4 and it showed up in joy.cpl but not the virtual DS4.

Comment

It looks like you still have some 3rd party software or controller driver installed on your PC, which hides our virtual controller from the system. Remappers like ds4windows and remote control apps like Parsec are known to do that (both use Vigem to emulate an X-input controller and HidHide/HidGuardian to hide the "original" DS4 controller). Uninstalling those apps and drivers should fix the issue.

Comment

I have fresh windows reinstalled so I don't have unnecessary drivers installed. Maybe I have a missing driver instead?

Comment

reWASD relies on original Windows drivers, so if you have reinstalled your OS and did not install or use any other remapper or app that can affect controllers, then those drivers must already be in use. You could try doing the clean reinstall of reWASD just in case:
                    1. Uninstall reWASD with the "Remove my settings and activation info" option enabled.
                    2. Restart your PC.
                    3. Download and install the latest version of reWASD from our website or your personal account.
                    4. Restart your PC again.
                    5. Run reWASD as Administrator.​

Comment

Originally Posted by KaYouBy View Post
                      Hi, As the title says, my keyboard and mouse group doesn't seem to be detected as a controller when I press the Apply button. I want to use my keyboard and mouse to play PS4 Remote Play on PC and I can't get it to work, any help will be appreciated.
                      sorry if its little bit off topic, do you have any Android support for this?

Comment

If I understand you correctly and you want to use the phone as a controller for playing via remote play. Then yes.
                        You can find detailed information here: https://help.rewasd.com/mapping-feat...ontroller.html

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing this info and for your kind reply.
                          Last edited by manofsteel; 19.01.2023, 13:28.

Comment

Originally Posted by binod223q
                            Hi. Thank you for replying. I tried clearing the data and applying your config but the system still won't recognize the KB/mouse as a DS4. By the way, only the virtual DS4 doesn't work, other virtual controller type works fine when I switch to them. (even the DS3 works fine)
                            Please send me the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
                            1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
                            2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
                            3. Go to File → Save
                            4. Send me the *.nfo file you get​

Comment

Thank you so much for this tread. KaYouBy,
                              I was also going through the same issue. I recently created an account and started looking for a solution. And the surprise is that I got a communication topic on my issue.

This reply is to appreciate all of you ...

Comment

Working...
                              X