Remapping a mouse doesn't work well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remapping a mouse doesn't work well

Edit: False alarm, I used Left/Right Mouse instead of Left/Right Mouse Click

Original post:
    I have the reWASD full pack and I've been using it for controllers for the past 2 years and everything is great with it! That being said, I'm now trying to remap a mouse and it behaves...strange:

First, I "mute" the mouse default behavior for the left click button. I'm then trying to force the left click's long-press/mouse-button-held to not do anything (None?), but instead it slowly moves the mouse cursor left as I keep the mouse button held. I tried assigning the long-press left click to something irrelevant such as the keyboard's "pause" or anything else, but it keeps on sliding the cursor left when I hold the left mouse button.

And since the mouse's default behavior is now muted, setting the left button as a standard left click now doesn't work.

I assigned double-clicking as the right button, and it more or less does that well enough, so that's good. I'm also trying to disable the right-click button, and I'm not sure how to do that.

The reason I'm doing all this is because I want to remap a Zeromouse's default behavior, but it doesn't work even with standard mice (tried a Microsoft, a Logitech, and a non-brand mouse, all behave the same.)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Gormoth1; 28.02.2023, 18:17.

Hey there!

Send us your config, please.

Comment

Hey strokel, thanks for replying

There is no config to speak of, all I do is pick the only connected mouse, which shows a silhouette of a mouse. then I choose the Left Button -> Mute -> Left click = Left click, Long Press = None.

That's it.​

Again, I tried assigning Long Press as the Pause kay or any other irrelevant key, which as mentioned - doesn't work.

Comment

Perhaps you have confused the mappings, and you have a left-click remapped to move the mouse to the left; most likely, this happens for this reason.

To check this, please send us a screenshot of your mouse mappings.​

Comment

I'm familiar with what you're saying (happened to me when I remapped controllers), but I assure you that's not the case. Maybe you can try and and reproduce this? Should be fairly easy.

Still, I'll send a screenshot + config in a few hours, when I get back from work

Comment

Then we are waiting for your config.

Comment

It was indeed set to Left mouse instead of Left Mouse Click...

On one hand I'm mad at myself for wasting your time and for making a fool of myself. Sorry about that.

On the other - this works superbly well! Much better than I expected. reWASD is so awesome.

p.s: may I suggest in future versions to consider lowering the left/right mouse movements below the left/right mouse click in the drop down menu order and/or set it as a "Left/Right mouse Move" rather than just "Left/Right Mouse"?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Noted your suggestion. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X