No announcement yet.

Rapid Fire Feature and Free Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tested with any of the major emulators... Retroarch, etc? I'm running out of time on my trial version and would really like to know if this will work. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by jochs99 View Post
      Has anyone tested with any of the major emulators... Retroarch, etc? I'm running out of time on my trial version and would really like to know if this will work. Thanks.
      Check private messages.

Comment

As it turns out, I had already purchased REWASD and the rapid fire module. I found the serial number in my email and it had been so long I had forgotten about it. I'm guessing I was having the same problems with it and gave up.

Anyway, I have been able to get the virtual controller to be detected in Retroarch, as a generic 360 controller. After that, every button on the controller responds normally, EXCEPT the button to which I have assigned rapid fire. It does nothing at all. I have raised the ms all the way up to 1000 and still it doesn't respond.

Comment

As it turns out, I had already purchased REWASD and the rapid fire module. I found the serial number in my email and it had been so long I had forgotten about it. I'm guessing I was having the same problems with it and gave up.

Anyway, I have been able to get the virtual controller to be detected in Retroarch, as a generic 360 controller. After that, every button on the controller responds normally, EXCEPT the button to which I have assigned rapid fire. It does nothing at all. I have raised the ms all the way up to 1000 and still it doesn't respond.
          Does the turbo button work correctly in the tester?

Comment

It shows up as player 2, but looks like the turbo is working as the buttons flash when pressed.

Comment

It doesn't matter which player the site identifies the controller as.
              If the turbo works on the site, then the problem may be on the emulator side. From the reWASD side, everything works.​

Comment

Well, I guess you can officially tell your customers that your product is not compatible with Retroarch, the most widely used emulator.

On a side note... I was just playing with this in different cores within RA, and the result is the same, but I did notice that the turbo buttons do seem to work, but they produce a slow and eratic rapid fire instead of a steady press. This is across different ms settings from 200-800.

Comment

Have you tried all types of virtual controller in RetroArch? Always the same result?

Comment

Ok, I think I finally have it sorted. To work consistently across cores and games in Retroarch, the speed needs to be set to 10ms. I had avoided setting it this low because you guys have repeatedly said a low setting could cause problems, select a realistic setting, etc... I set it to 10ms tonight and the rapid fire consistently worked on all cores and games that I tested. So, if people have problems with REWASD in Retroarch, you can suggest this as a fix.

Comment

Ok, I think I finally have it sorted. To work consistently across cores and games in Retroarch, the speed needs to be set to 10ms. I had avoided setting it this low because you guys have repeatedly said a low setting could cause problems, select a realistic setting, etc... I set it to 10ms tonight and the rapid fire consistently worked on all cores and games that I tested. So, if people have problems with REWASD in Retroarch, you can suggest this as a fix.
                      Great news! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                      X