Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug: after manual switch to autoconfig and then back to normal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: after manual switch to autoconfig and then back to normal.

Hi,

If I use first manual apply to switch my controller to another for one game, then exit and turn that manual virtual controller off. (I must use manual for 2 games -> because autoconfig isn't working for them) There still remains a gray spot on reWASD for this controller - not green anymore. No problem yet.

(edit: *after that manual-ON->OFF-switching") continue...
    But then if I play the game which is using autoconfig reWASD profile, when exit the game reWASD switch the previous one "manual" back to ON. And I have to go back to switch that controller OFF again.
    Last edited by Trubatuuris; 18.03.2023, 15:45.

Please try to uncheck both of these options
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	179
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	236131

Comment

When I uncheck lower one, the problem is even bigger, I have 6 different profiles and almost 20 games which use reWASD via associated app, and then I have 200-300 games which don't need reWASD. Now when I uncheck that -> the last used config stays on -> which I don't want to in the next game. So I must open reWASD manually and turn that last config off before starting next game. So I put that lower one back. But not sure what that upper one do, let see.

Comment

Okay, when that upper one is unchecked it might solve this problem. I am not sure because this is happening only sometimes, and sometimes when I am using 6-8 controllers at the same time.

Comment

The top option would restore the state of devices they had at the moment of PC shutdown/restart. So if you have some configs applied when you turned your PC off, they will be reapplied on the next Windows logon.

[Autodetect] restores the state of the controller to the one it had before [Autodetect] was triggered. So if some config were reapplied on logon, [Autodetect] would also restore it when you close or leave the associated app.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the reply.

Is this "restore remap state on startup and device reconnect" the reason why [Autodetect] is triggered doing so? So if I uncheck that -> it stop doing that. Or is [Autodetect] triggered to doing this anyway - without option to turn "trigger" off.

Comment

I tried this, only uncheck this "restore remap state on startup and device reconnect" and keep that checked "remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app" - because I need that. Without that I must use reWASD all the 10x more manually than now.

But I test that upper one unchecked and it didn't solve the problem. The [Autodetect] when existing the associated app still triggers back the previous one "manual-config" which I already turned off once. So at local party games, when I will use once reWASD config in manual state (2 games need it) - I have to come back to turn that off after every single game which using autoconfig [Autodetect]. Only restart pc between these games will stop reWASD doing this...

Could it be possible to add some feature/option for settings to avoid this kind of behavior?

Comment

>Is this "restore remap state on startup and device reconnect" the reason why [Autodetect] is triggered doing so? So if I uncheck that -> it stop doing that. Or is [Autodetect] triggered to doing this anyway - without option to turn "trigger" off.
                I don't understand the question. This option, when enabled, will restore the previous state of the device when you leave the associated app. With it disabled, reWASD would do nothing an keep the current config applied.

>Could it be possible to add some feature/option for settings to avoid this kind of behavior?
                We'll consider adding this option. For now, instead of using the [Power] button to disable remap, you could use the [X] icon at the bottom right corner of reWASD where the slots are shown. This will remove the config from the slot, so it won't be restored by the [Autodetect] later.

We also suggest checking the Slots feature since it allows you to change slots with a shortcut on your controller. With it, you will be able to enable/disable remap simply by selecting an empty slot or returning back to the one with the config applied to it. You can read more about Slots here.

Comment

>Is this "restore remap state on startup and device reconnect" the reason why [Autodetect] is triggered doing so? So if I uncheck that -> it stop doing that. Or is [Autodetect] triggered to doing this anyway - without option to turn "trigger" off.
                  I don't understand the question. This option, when enabled, will restore the previous state of the device when you leave the associated app. With it disabled, reWASD would do nothing an keep the current config applied.
                  Now it's reWASD is working like this:
                  1. I turn ON manual config for controller
                  2. I turn it OFF
                  3. I start the game which is using autoconfig
                  4. I exit the game
                  5. And then this manual config turn ON automaticly - what I don't want to happen
                  (This "restore remap state on startup and device reconnect"​ didn't make effect for this, it's still happen)

-> Could it be option in settings to turn this kind of behauvior off?

But...

>Could it be possible to add some feature/option for settings to avoid this kind of behavior?
                  We'll consider adding this option. For now, instead of using the [Power] button to disable remap, you could use the [X] icon at the bottom right corner of reWASD where the slots are shown. This will remove the config from the slot, so it won't be restored by the [Autodetect] later.
                  ... I will try this today I haven't test this yet! So thanks for the help again.

I have "Slots" in my license, I will consinder to use that too. It would be easiest/fastest way to use, if I learn it.​​

Comment

Sorry for my English I am writing too fast without control, and I can't edit that text later...

Comment

For now, instead of using the [Power] button to disable remap, you could use the [X] icon at the bottom right corner of reWASD where the slots are shown. This will remove the config from the slot, so it won't be restored by the [Autodetect] later.
                      This works for me. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X