Can't Use X-Arcade Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Use X-Arcade Controller

I'm unable to use my X-Arcade controller with Ultimarc U360 joysticks with REWASD. The X-Arcade (the buttons) shows as a known device. However, the U360's show as a mouse and also as unsupported devices. What I need to do is group the U360's with the X-Arcade (as a keyboard) so that I can map both the buttons and the joystick as one virtual device. However, because the U360's are "unsupported devices" I'm unable to use them. These are fairly commonly used joysticks for emulation, and I would like to know if there is a way to have them show as usable devices in REWASD. Thanks for the help.

Ultimarc UltraStik 360 is not supported by reWASD in joystick mode. Please switch it to the mouse mode and remap that mouse to a stick of a virtual controller instead.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That was the first thing I tried, but the joystick was not detected, while the buttons were. I grouped the keyboard (X-Arcade) and U360 mouse together... is that how it should be done?

Comment

In theory - yes. However, some articles I've seen via Google suggest that the device itself must be set to work as a mouse via its official software first.

Comment

Yes, the point of the U360 is that it can be an analog (mouse) or mapped to 4/8 way etc... so, how should I be setting this up REWASD? I already have the mappings set up in the U360 software.

Comment

First, I suggest checking if this stick indeed works as a mouse - you should be able to move the mouse pointer with it.

Then you should [group] that mouse device with your X-Arcade and remap them to a virtual controller as a group and [Mute] all the mappings. These links should provide all the required information:

Comment

If I try to map one U360 as the left controller stick and the second U360 as the right controller stick it always changes both. How do I change them separately?

Comment

Also, if I map only the first U360, following your instructions (muted), as the left stick on the virtual controller. The buttons (X-Arcade) work fine, but the left stick is unresponsive, which leaves me at step one.

Comment

Originally Posted by jochs99 View Post
                  If I try to map one U360 as the left controller stick and the second U360 as the right controller stick it always changes both. How do I change them separately?
                  If you have more than one controller in the group, to remap them separately, you have to add another [Gamepad] sub-config via the [+] at the top. They will apply according to the order of the devices in the group.

Update: you have to add another [Mouse] sub-config there, since your sticks act as a mouse.

Comment

Thanks again for the reply, but as per my message above, I can't even get the left stick to respond.

Comment

Could you send us screenshots of your mappings? Also indicate if you have created a second Gamepad tab.

Comment

You saw my config in the other mouse mapping thread... do you still need screenshots? I have not created a second gamepad tab. As I said, above, I can't even get the left stick working. I hope you guys can come up with some ideas soon, as my "advanced mapping" trial version only gets three days.

Comment

There is not enough information on this case, so I can only speculate.

I assume that you technically have 3 controllers connected to your PC: two U360 sticks and the X-Arcade board.
                          Sticks are recognized by reWASD as mice (you can move the mouse pointer with both), and X-Arcade is recognized as a keyboard (can type stuff in Notepad).
                          We are yet to see how these controllers are listed in [joy.cpl] when working in mouse mode. It's ok if they aren't and not good if they are. You would need to group up these controllers and remap them to another virtual controller after you apply the config to U360 mice and X-Arcade group.

The config in that other thread shows only the default mouse-to-stick mapping and some keyboard keys mapped to controller and mouse(?) buttons.
                          It should work if you still have the [Advanced Mapping] feature active, and two U360 and keyboard are grouped up in reWASD, though both sticks will act as a left stick of a virtual controller.

To set the second U360 in the group to work as a right stick, add another [Mouse] sub-config and remap it to the right stick of a virtual controller.

If following these instructions would not help, we would need a video that would show the following:
                          • how reWASD is configured;
                          • what devices are connected to your PC;
                          • what devices are listed in [joy.cpl] before and after all the configs are applied
                          • the result of remapping in Gamepad Tester.

Comment

Please forget about the second controller for now... I'm sorry I mentioned it. If we can get one controller and X-Arcade board working as a virtual controller that will really help. The rewasd config I posted is and should be keyboard keys mapped to controller and mouse buttons. This is because the X-Arcade sends keyboard strokes, but I needed it to send controller buttons because the stuff I'm doing requires that. I used a couple mouse buttons because I ran out of controller buttons. So, that should explain that part.

I have the first U360 grouped with the keyboard. I want it to act as a left controller (which is how you should see it mapped in the config I posted) of the virtual controller, and the X-Arcade board to act as the buttons. Again, forget about the second controller for now, please.

I'm not going to make a video, but I am happy to answer your questions:
                            • how reWASD is configured; I posted my config file. After reading, above, please let me know if there are other questions. It is fairly straightforward.
                            • what devices are connected to your PC; Modified X-Arcade Tankstick. Contains X-Aracde board, 2 Ultimarc U360 joysticks, Trackball (mouse) and Turbo Twist 2 spinner (mouse)
                            • what devices are listed in [joy.cpl] before and after all the configs are applied: I don't know what [joy.cpl] is
                            • the result of remapping in Gamepad Tester. Buttons (X-Arcade board) are detected, Left control stick (U360 1) is not.

Comment

[joy.cpl] is a default app that shows how Windows recognizes your device (this is a native Windows tool that displays all the connected devices). Open Windows search (by pressing Win keyboard button, for example), enter joy.cpl and press Enter.​

Comment

Working...
                              X