Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to toggle auto fire with separate button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to toggle auto fire with separate button?

Hopefully I explain this correctly - typical game, right mouse click is Aiming Down Sights (ADS), left mouse click to fire. I do not want my left click to auto fire by default, I need it to remain "standard" (eg, no custom mapping, no turbo, no combo etc etc). What I would like to do however is that, when I press the right mouse button to ADS, the left mouse button will now auto-fire.

So in other words, hold right click to enable auto-fire

But I don't want to lose the original aiming/ads function either.

Hope that makes sense

Kind regards

reWASD has a Shift mode feature. This is a feature that permits creating up to 10 overlays with mappings that differ from the Main layer.

Thus, you can assign the right mouse button as a button to jump to another layer (eg Shift 1) in Hold mode.
    And then in layer 1 make the left mouse click work as fire button with Turbo.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	201
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	236313Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	184
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	236314​​

Comment

Thanks for that, I did know there was a shift mode, but I (possibly wrongly) assumed it couldn't be both a shift key and a normally function button at the same time. I don't want the shift key function to cancel out the ADS if that makes sense. Let's imagine I'm aiming down sights for 10 seconds (Could be 1 second, could be 30), I don't want the shift function to then cancel the aiming down sights just to enter shift mode layer if that makes sense.

From how you present it though, are you saying that using right click as shift function will work along side using right click as ADS? The 2 can function together?

Kind regards​

Comment

If I got you correctly, there is no such option in reWASD

Comment

okay, thanks for your help

Comment

Originally Posted by IAmOrion View Post
            are you saying that using right click as shift function will work along side using right click as ADS? The 2 can function together?​
            I didn't understand how it worked exactly, either, when I was recently trying to set up a turbo button. Basically, the shift feature switches your entire set of buttons, on the fly, to a new one... toggles between two sets. So, you can change a single button, like your right click to have a different function when you switch to the other layer, but it can't be used for two at the same time. So, for instance, when I use my xbox controller, I have all the buttons set normally on the "main" shift layer. Then I have only the X button set to have rapid fire on the other layer, all other buttons the same. I have the xbox symbol button set to toggle between layers... so, I can click the xbox symbol button (whatever it's called) to turn on and off rapid fire on one button.

Comment

Working...
            X