Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azeron Cyborg + Cyro | Left + Right Controller Stick simulation

Hi,

I want to simulate a controller (xbox 360) using the stick of the cyborg for the left stick, and the stick of the Cyro for the right stick.
    To do this I grouped both controllers and assigned the sticks accordingly in reWASD.
    The left stick (Cyborg) behavior nearly always works, yay!
    As for the right stick (Cyro Stick) some games (i.e. Detroit: Become Human) this setup works. For lost ark it works only partially and for Everypace 2 it does not work at all.
    All games run through steam.
    Can someone explain to me, how this can be?
    Is there another way to set things up that would increase compatibility?

P.S. If I do not group the controllers but keep them separate, then if I rebind the stick of the Cyborg it also rebinds the one on the Cyro and vice-versa. So that is not an option. Is this expected behavior or a bug?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Since both of these devices are considered to be controllers in reWASD, you are required to use two [Gamepad] sub-configs to remap them separately.
    Use the [+] icon right after the [Mouse] sub-config at the top to add it.

We suggest checking the [Control Panel > Game controllers] list or [joy.cpl] for the number of controllers in your system.
    After the config is applied, only our virtual controller must be listed there. If you have any other controllers connected to your PC - disconnect them.

We also suggest using a virtual Xbox One controller instead, as most games support it.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I did indeed add the two controllers to the config. I remapped them separately. In control panle, once I switch on the remapping inside rewasd, only one controller is show. It is colled "bluetooth xinput-compatible device". Is it ok this way? I still have the same issue described above.
      Any further suggestions what to try?
      Thanks a lot!

Comment

reWASD virtual Xbox One controller shows up as Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device. If it shows, it means that our virtual controller was created properly. Please confirm that both sticks are working here.

​

Comment

Hi, both sticks work but the left one (cyborg) is showing movement as player 1 and player 3 on that site, while the right stick (cyro) is showing function on player 2 and player 3. dont know if that is normal...

Comment

this is the screenshoted behavior from that site. Only player 4 shows both sticks working...Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-20 164059.png
Views:	517
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	236698

Comment

Could you send screenshots of the full reWASD window with your device configurations at the time you apply the config?

Thanks in advance.​

Comment

Thanks for the support and here you go. If you need the screenshot of the popup that usually is generated in the lower right corner, cannot manage to trigger it today. is there a trick to it? It usually always came up once I clicked apply. today it does not seem to want to. One only gets generated when I remove the overlay application, not when I apply it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	502
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	236752​Here you go managed to get it to pop.

Comment

You mentioned that you play through Steam. Do you have controller support enabled in your Steam settings?

Comment

Yes, of course, controller support is activated and like I also mentioned not all games are affected the same. Some work with the same setup, while others don't. Only one of the two sticks works and sometimes it even alternates, even though there have been no setup changes from my side, just a restart of the PC in between.

Comment

The fact that the mappings work in the tester (albeit with oddities in the number of players) indicates that the reWASD emulation is working.

Could you try disabling controller support in Steam and test the config in games again?​

Comment

I disabled controller support by removing all checkmarks in general controller settings. looked like this: Click image for larger version

Views:	530
Size:	517.3 KB
ID:	236765​But that still did not help. Only one of the sticks on the two devices works. And in that particular game, like I said, it alternates. Today he detects the cyborg stick, yesterday he liked the cyro stick more and detected that one.
                          BTW you can see that somehow Steam always detects 3 devices, unlike windows where the two base devices get replaces, when the reWASD Overlay is activated.
                          When I deactivate the azeron overlay the third controller is removed (the one I named azeron rewasd in the screenshot).

Thanks for the continued support, I hope we can find a solution here and that it may help not only me in future.

Comment

The result in Gamepad Tester suggests that you haven't applied the config before the test.
                            Make sure to apply the config first, then check if [joy.cpl] shows only one device in the list, then test the sticks.

You should do the same for the games: apply the config first, then start the Steam/game.

Comment

Hi Shion, I am sorry to say you are mistaken. I definitely always apply the config before starting the game and tried multiple times to apply, disable and reapply the config multiple times. The result of the tester does not change, neither the behavior in game. I will show you this screenshot as proof, and gratefully await any further suggestions from your part. Click image for larger version

Views:	501
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	236797​​

Comment

Working...
                              X