Azeron thumbstick WASD mapping also sending XBOX controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azeron thumbstick WASD mapping also sending XBOX controls

I have a game that supports both controller and keyboard / mouse. I want to use the azeron controller, thumbstick and all the buttons as keyboard inputs only. I don't want any xbox controller inputs. However, when I map the thumbstick to WASD in reWASD, the game it still detects controller input from the thumbstick. I know this because the on screen HUD shows other actions as XBOX buttons whenever I move the thumbstick. I've read that you should UNMAP the up, down, left, right on the thumbstick, but I don't see an option to unmap in the version I'm using 6.5.1.7455

Please send a screenshot of the full reWASD window with your configuration on it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rewasdSS.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	236971Attached the screenshot.

Comment

Apply the config and type joy.cpl in Windows search.
        If there is some kind of Azeron controller or 360 controller, then try to find it in the device manager and disable it manually.​

Comment

When the config is NOT applied, there is Azeron Keypad - Direct Input in Game Controllers

Name:	rewasdNotApplied.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	236975

When the config IS applied, the Azeron is no longer there.

Name:	rewasdApplied.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	236976

Comment

1. Do you have Steam running?
            2. Apply the config and check if the gamepad tester sees this "phantom" Xbox controller and shows its input?​

Comment

Yes, I have steam running. On gamepad tester, when I apply the config and move the thumbstick it does show up.

Name:	xboxControllergamepad-tester.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	236980

Comment

It appears to be input from a native Azeron 360.
                Try disabling controller support in Steam settings. If this does not help, then you need to manually disable this device in Device Manager.​

Comment

The gamepad input on gamepad-tester.com only registers when the reWASD config is applied.

When the reWASD config is not applied there is a different entry on gamepad-tester.com called Azeron Keypad - DirectInput (Vendor: 16d0 Product: 0f3f) --and the Xbox Controller input that appeared prior stops responding.

Other random things about this:
                  When the config is not applied it uses the Azeron software bindings. The Azeron software is suppressed when reWASD is applied but then the phantom controller shows up.

I disabled controller support in Steam and even turned off Steam, but still when applying the reWASD config, gamepad-tester.com detects a controller for the thumbstick.

I also verified that when the reWASD config is applied it is sending out both WASD keys and XBOX Controller signals as verified by notepad and gamepad-tester.com.

I don't see any extra things appearing in the Device Manager when reWASD is applied in Sound, video and game controllers.

I am using Windows 11.

Comment

I disabled the "Xbox Conrtoller" in Device manager and rebooted and the issue seems to have resolved.

Some games I play with an actual Xbox controller so I need to go back and see if those still work. Will keep you posted.

Comment

Great news. In future updates, we will try to fix this and the Xinput part of Azeron will also be hidden when applying the reWASD config.

Comment

Just reporting back.

After disabling the device called "Xbox Controller" and rebooting, a new device called "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" appeared in the device manager. I'm not sure how it got there as I didn't have the Xbox controller turned on.

This version of the driver seems to behave better with reWASD. When I use a config mapping WASD to the thumbstick on the Azeron it only sends WASD. There is no extra XBOX signals sent.

Also, when I connect my Xbox One controller I can use it as expected and it doesn't try to install that other Xbox Controller driver that was causing problems. I wish I could tell you more about the older Xbox controller driver that was causing issues so you can troubleshoot it further but its gone now.

Comment

The issue returned. I played a game and used a config that emulated Azeron thumbstick to LS controls for a while. Then I switched to the other game with the Azeron thumbstick to WASD and it no longer suppressed the Xbox LS (sent both WASD and controller signals).. The only way to get it to work was to disable the "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" in device manager.

Comment

Hi. Unfortunately, as 1ncorrect mentioned above, there is no other way to fix this yet.
                            We will fix this in the future, but we don't have an ETA yet.​

Comment

I disabled the "Xbox Conrtoller" in Device manager and rebooted and the issue seems to have resolved.

teatv apk
                              ​download apk

Last edited by normscruze; 15.05.2023, 10:16.

Comment

Working...
                              X