Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS5 Remote Play with Xbox Controller possible after recent App update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS5 Remote Play with Xbox Controller possible after recent App update?

Just curious if there is anyone out there currently who can remote to their ps5 using a xbox controller that is mapped to a ps controller in May 2023?

I used to do this all the time previously without issue, but now all of a sudden nothing i do allows the controller to be detected in the ps remote sony app. I did watch some steam deck videos that says Sony put a stop to all controller emulators for their remote app, which would explain what i am experiencing, but i wanted to ask to see if theres anyone out there who is currently doing it, and if so, how .

Thanks in advance

Hello.

What physical devices do you use with reWASD to play via PS Remote Play?

Comment

i have an xbox series x controller that i can either use wired or with the dongle. used to work fine, now not

Comment

Hi. Did you get a similar warning when you applied the config for the first time?​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	514
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	237318

Comment

hmm i dont think so. i got one about having to restart, but it didnt really do anything after i did.

Comment

Could you please show us what device is detected in joy.cpl before and after you apply your config?

In order to open joy.cpl follows these steps:

1. Press Win+R
            2. In the opened window, enter joy.cpl and press "Ok"

Also, could you show if this is turned on in your config?

Views:	576
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	237323

Attached Files

Comment

thanks for replying. i do indeed have tha box checked. and this is what i see in joy.cpl before and after i select the remote play 2023 config

Views:	503
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	237374

Comment

1. Apply the config and check if it works on the gamepad tester. It should identify itself as Sony PS4 DualShock.
                2. Make sure your system has a USB 2.0 Hub. This can be checked through Device Manager.​

Comment

it does detect it as a ds4 on the site, but just not in the remote app, like it used to. like i mentioned in the op, there are reports that a recent change to the app forbids all controller emulation, which would appear to be happening to me. thus im curious if there is anyone else out there who is successfully using the ps5 remote app with their xbox controller

Views:	526
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	237383

Comment

In order for our virtual DS4 to work in PS Remote Play, reWASD must emulate it from under a physical USB 2.0 hub.
                    Does your system have such a hub?​

Comment

yes i have this one plugged in. does my controller need to be plugged into it? or do i have to do something special with it?

Views:	478
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	237387

Comment

In the correspondence by mail, you indicated a different hub.
                        Could you send a screenshot of what this hub looks like in device manager?​

Comment

thats correct, i purchased another one earlier this week just to be sure the one i had wasnt the problem.

im not sure what device is my new hub, even if i unplug and replug, i dont see it, unless you are able to

Views:	478
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	237390

Comment

Do you have the opportunity to go to our discord, so that in real time we can agree on a connection through TeamViewer?

Comment

sure sounds good, i joined it

Comment

Working...
                              X