Elite Series 2 Idle Shutoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Series 2 Idle Shutoff

Hello, is there anyway to change the idle shutoff of the Elite series 2 controller? I have tried changing the setting highlighted in the attached photo, but didn't seem to work.

Using the original USB wireless dongle, not blu-tooth. I use the xbox chat pad, and it requires OG dongle.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Hello

I have tested on 6.4.0.6988 and 6.5.1.7619 versions(Xbox Elite 2 with official dongle), and it works.

Please set 1 min in this field and collect some log files for us.
    So, once set up for 1 minute, you need to click on Apply and wait 1 minute, then stop the log.

Please also provide us with your Windows OS and xbox elite firmware

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
      Hello

I have tested on 6.4.0.6988 and 6.5.1.7619 versions(Xbox Elite 2 with official dongle), and it works.

Please set 1 min in this field and collect some log files for us.
      So, once set up for 1 minute, you need to click on Apply and wait 1 minute, then stop the log.

Please also provide us with your Windows OS and xbox elite firmware
      Setup:
      Windows 10
      Firmware Elite Series 2: 5.17.3202.0
      Original Official Dongle 2.4ghz version (Not Bluetooth version) Model# HK9-00001, 6HN-00002 https://www.ebay.com/itm/133969993014
      Rewad Version: 6.5.1.7455

If this gets working, is there away to add an option for unlimited time instead of 60 mins? Would be great the control can stay on until computer is shut down.
      Attached Files

Comment

There is no option to add unlimited time there

However, you can try to do the following:

Open [Device Manager], set [View] to [Devices by Container] and find your adapter/controller. Then check all devices within for [Power Management] tab. If it exists, uncheck the [Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power] option.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
          There is no option to add unlimited time there

However, you can try to do the following:

Open [Device Manager], set [View] to [Devices by Container] and find your adapter/controller. Then check all devices within for [Power Management] tab. If it exists, uncheck the [Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power] option.
          I have that tried that awhile ago and doesn't seem to work.
          Attached Files

Comment

My last suggestion is not related to Idle Shutoff. It was just like an additional option

We will check your log files and get back to you shortly

Comment

After a little testing the timer on rewasd works to shut off the gamepad if set to 1 min, but not anything longer then the default 10 mins or so. Hopefully this can be solved, also add unlimited time as a option. I place controller on charging dock when I put the controller down, so unlimited would be nice.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                Having tested this on our Elite 2 controller in the release version of reWASD, we did not find any issues. Therefore, you need to wait to find out what information from the logs you sent.

By the way, have you tested this behavior on the latest reWASD 6.6.0.7710 update?​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                  Thanks for the info.
                  Having tested this on our Elite 2 controller in the release version of reWASD, we did not find any issues. Therefore, you need to wait to find out what information from the logs you sent.

By the way, have you tested this behavior on the latest reWASD 6.6.0.7710 update?​
                  Yes, I am updated to the latest Rewasd. Do you think having the official chat pad plugged into the controller is possibly making it shutoff sooner?

Comment

Originally Posted by neonblue View Post

Yes, I am updated to the latest Rewasd. Do you think having the official chat pad plugged into the controller is possibly making it shutoff sooner?
                    To be honest, I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

To be honest, I'm not sure.
                      I just tried with no chat pad, got 14 mins of no activity untill shut off. I am going to try using Bluetooth, instead of 2.4Ghz Dongle, but chat pad don't work on Bluetooth....

Comment

Try it and let us know the result.

Comment

Originally Posted by neonblue View Post

I just tried with no chat pad, got 14 mins of no activity untill shut off. I am going to try using Bluetooth, instead of 2.4Ghz Dongle, but chat pad don't work on Bluetooth....
                          Although I double-checked the info and due to hardware restrictions, this option may not work with Xbox Elite 2 when connected via Bluetooth.

Comment

Bluetooth it took 16 mins to disconnect with no chat pad installed, while idle.

Comment

The problem here is that maybe new firmware in Elite2 shuts is down automatically after 15 min of inactivity, so we can't do anything.
                              Please clarify - does gamepad shut off when you have some config applied and you are playing game? Or if nothing is applied and it is absolutely idle?
                              If it is really idle then 15 min limit is by Microsoft design and cannot be overridden - it is done to save your battery.

Comment

Working...
                              X