Elite Series 2 Idle Shutoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DevX View Post
    The problem here is that maybe new firmware in Elite2 shuts is down automatically after 15 min of inactivity, so we can't do anything.
    Please clarify - does gamepad shut off when you have some config applied and you are playing game? Or if nothing is applied and it is absolutely idle?
    If it is really idle then 15 min limit is by Microsoft design and cannot be overridden - it is done to save your battery.
    Hey DevX,

Yes, shuts off with configs applied while Idle, while on and off a game playing.
    I will try no configs, while idle and report back.

If that all fails, can you describe how to revert firmware on the controller and I will give that a try as well?

Thank you.

Comment

Tired no configs, timed out at 15 ish mins.

Tried reverting controller to 4.8.1908.0, timed out at 15 mins swell.

I take it as this is hard coded into the controller and rewasd option in the setting does not help this. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and being helpful.

Comment

This timeout in reWASD just means we guarantee that we turn off gamepad after this time. But if controller itself turns off earlier (eg. inside firmware or driver) then we cannot do anything.
        The only thing you could try is maybe send some rumble command to it periodically, so maybe it treats it as activity and will not shut off. I say "maybe" because we did not test such scenario and it also may depend on firmware version.

Comment

Working...
        X