Custom profile with Gulikit King Kong 2 Pro controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom profile with Gulikit King Kong 2 Pro controller

I've recently got this controller and I'm having problems to remap buttons when the Switch mode is enabled on this controller. I'm using this mode on PC instead of XInput because I can use the extra Pro Controller buttons and the gyroscope (which on the XInput mode don´t).

I connect the controller via Bluetooth (external USB Bluetooth 5.0 dongle). It's recognized by REWASD when I use it with the native mappings and it works great but when I enable the remapper (green circle in the tray bar) the controller stops working. It says something about creating a new Bluetooth adapter but I don't understand very well how to proceed from there. I only want to remap the buttons for use it only on my PC (without the Switch console).

I can do this using the Steam Big Picture Mode (which also recognizes this controller as a Switch Pro Controller) but I'd prefer using the REWASD interface to remap the controller because I find it more complete. Moreover I don't need to add the game to my Steam library to make it work with the custom mapping.

So I ask for help to make it work with REWASD. I have a full license of this software so I can use any feature.

Originally Posted by javsp View Post
    It says something about creating a new Bluetooth adapter but I don't understand very well how to proceed from there. I only want to remap the buttons for use it only on my PC (without the Switch console).
    This suggests that you have [External device] option enabled in [Virtual controller settings] of your config. Disable it and [Apply] the config again.

Comment

That is how reWASD works - it hides the physical controller and technically replaces it with one of the selected virtual controllers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
        That is how reWASD works - it hides the physical controller and technically replaces it with one of the selected virtual controllers.
        Is it not supposed the new Switch virtual controller should be recognizing the inputs as well? I had never experienced this issue remapping buttons to the DualSense or the XBOX Series controllers.

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by "virtual controller should be recognizing the inputs as well".

The virtual controller produces inputs based on the ones from the physical controller remapped according to the config applied. It doesn't "recognize" anything.

Comment

I mean reWASD recognizes DualSense/XBOX controller inputs (no matter if the virtual controller is turned on/off). In this case, inputs are only being recognized when the virtual controller is turned off.

Comment

Do you mean by the reWASD app in GUI? I can't confirm that, as I don't have the said controller, but this might be a bug. We'll check this with the team.

Comment

Yes, I mean in the reWASD app GUI. The other apps seem to recognize them correctly.

Comment

I think this user has the same issue:

Hi! My controller (Gulikit Kingkong 2 Pro) gives no inputs after I reconnect it (turn it on and wait until ReWASD sees it). Nothing that I do seems to fix this problem without a restart. If I restart Windows the problem will only happen again if my controller turns itself off by being idle. My controller is connected via

The thread is almost one year old. I thought it had been fixed with the newer updates. Maybe not?

Comment

Working...
                  X